Had an colt this morning, but we lost him

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is hard not to blame yourself. We are only human and you did all that you could do for you sweet little baby. So glad your mare is Ok. Try not to beat yourself up, I know it is easier said then done, I still cry over losing one last year.

Mary

I am so sorry, please don't blame yourself....I know I tend to do that as well, but the "what-ifs" will never make you feel better. {{HUGS}} I hope your mare will be ok.

I am so very sorry, and unfortunately I know how you feel with having this happen here a couple days ago, but beating yourself up won't help and you WERE right there, so it looks like there wasn't anything else you really could have done. I know it's easier said than done. It is so sad, however it is a good thing your mare seems to be OK.

Give your mare a hug for me. She knows you are there for her when she needs you.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your new little baby boy....

But I agree with everyone, you can't blame yourself for something like this as bad as you want to. Believe me, it doesn't help..

(( hugs to you and his mama ))

So sorry!! Don't blame yourself, you did everything you could!!

I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
It sounds to me that you were there for your mare and still are there for her but I'm sorry you lost the colt.
default_bye-sad.gif
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry, but please stop blaming yourself. Were you supposed to be able to stay awake for 24 hours a day? It's not possible.

I understand your grief in losing such a precious foal. My condolences....

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your little chap. But please dont blame yourself. We have all been in your position and felt so very guilty. But we can only do what we are capable of doing, and sometimes it simply doesn't work out right. It is not anyone's fault.

Just be there for your little mare right now, she needs you. Hugs for her and for you.

Anna

Hon you just CAN"T beat yourself up over this! Believe me at my age I have had so many goof ups in my life I think back on, I could cry for years, but listen to me...

for every minute you do this it's a minute wasted you can move on, get up and make it better!

I'm not a well person, so people like me get all mushy and live too much in retrospect but please do believe me on this. Time will help you forgive yourself (which you do NOT need to do)

Don't put yourself down, or beat yourself up in this life, plenty pf people out there to do that for you!

Hugs and warm wishes that it gets better for you and your mare every day.

Maxine

Please know that sometimes there's just nothing that you can do and things just happen. I had a little mare that I checked every night for a month, at least every hour and a half. Checked her MANY times Sunday night and again twice yesterday morning. Had to leave to teach Sunday school and came back ASAP after church and she had a terrible diastocia and we were so lucky to save the mare. I feel so awful that I hadn't been there for my mare, but golly, why do they always seem to wait until the minute that you're not there ???? it seems like no matter how much you are watching they seem to have their foals at the one time that you're not. My prayers are with you.

I'm so sorry for your loss its a horrible feeling to loose a foal.

but as much as we'd like to as said above none of us can watch

our mares 24 hours a day. Sleep just takes charge and mares like to try to wait till no one is around

Your mare loves you unconditionally and animals just accept these things much easier than we do

Oh my goodness! Even though I am still going through grief its times like these that show me how nice all of ya'll truely are!! I will try to stop beating myself up, it just seems like I could have done something!

Dixie is doing pretty good, she is still so lost though! Neighing,ect! Any ideas of how to help her get better faster, besides the hugs,kisses,and talks we have?

[/i]Thank you all so very,very,very much! May God Bless every single one of ya'll and ya'll's horses, I pray this with all my heart!

If you still have some of the used towels, leave them in the stall for a while until she settles down. I ususally leave the foal for several hours, then leave the towels until the mare settles.

Hope you and your mare are feeling better, Sarah,

Robin

Latest posts

Back