Guess the color

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisP

Reaction score
I thought with all the color topics recently this one would be fun. This is one of my boys, he's a touch thin but you'll have that when there are mares in heat and the young boys have ADD (this one does NOT want to stand still!) I took this picture today and we're in Ohio, as you can tell no clipping at all. Excuse his stance, not the best but he will NOT stand still.

So, what color do you think he is? And yes, I do know his color
default_wink.png
:

WCCF4RIzroSJhz63hXCH-HXoLxZQIayF0300.jpg

A084C3ofZSfV6FSPedlxJAxWg5JSvdus0190.jpg

krisp

OK since I already made a weenie out of myself this week, what's one more screw up anyway?

Your totally messing with us Krispy because he looks like his butt has shed but not the front end.

I"m going to really stick it out there and say some kind of buckskin...... silver buckskin possibly

He looks like a red roan appy, but I'm sure it is something totally different! :lol: Can't wait to hear what he really is!

I'm going to go with blue roan as well. And I'm totally jealous! I bought a blue roan colt, but he shed out black when he got older!

He looks very similar to my mare and I think she is a Silver Bay Roan or as I like to better describe it as a silvered blue roan.

Bay Roan or possibly Buckskin Roan but I really think Bay Roan.

May or may not have Appy- it isn't possible to see at this stage of his shedding.

My Bay Roan mare, Blue, (because she looks like a "Blue" Roan) is this sort of colour at the moment and she has no Appy.

I"m going to give a counter guess.........

how about a varnish?

He looks like a strawberry roan to me but maybe the colors on my moniter aren't right. I'm just not seeing the black coloring there.

Well, judging from those pictures alone, I'm going to guess Silver Bay Roan (as his tail looks very light). My Bay Roan mare goes thru some really funky color changes too during her shedding process in the Spring.
default_yes.gif
:

So....give it up Kris, don't keep us in suspense forever!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

[SIZE=14pt]Im going red roan varnish App or red roan Snowcap app.[/SIZE]

April

What the heck, I'm gonna be different.. He looks to red to be blue or silver, so I'm going to go with chestnut varnish snow cap

Latest posts

Back