Grosshill?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllusiveHussler

Reaction score
I'm full of questions! LOL

My mare's registered name is Grosshill EKs Illusive Hussler.

Can anyone tell me anything about Grosshill? I know it's a farm(I think in Florida), and I think they sold out or sold a bunch of horses.

Can anyone tell me about this farm?

Grosshill Farm used to be a large miniature farm located in Branchville, New Jersey. We visited them in 1994 and purchased our first miniature from Jack and Terry Burchill. Jack and Terry have since divorced and Jack moved to Ocala, Florida and sold his herd not long after. Terry Burchill is now married to Mike Hlavatovic of Alliance Miniatures in Bedford, Virginia.

Dawn :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
Grosshill Farms had their dispersal sale May 2002. I bought my Appaloosa from that sale. I am very happy with my Appy.

Sandy

PS He is the horse in my Avatar

Grosshill Farms had their dispersal sale May 2002. I bought my Appaloosa from that sale. I am very happy with my Appy.

Sandy

PS He is the horse in my Avatar
Sandy

Which horse is he from the auction? Do you have more pictures of him? Did you buy any other horses?

I have the catalog, wished we could have been there, so many nice horses listed.

Vicky

Vicky I bought Grosshills Appy Trails To You. His sire is Dwks Appy Go Lucky(leopard), Dam is Grosshills With Pleasure(Blue Roan) He is the only horse I bought there, I just went to look, didn't bring a trailer. I have other pictures one one of the many cd's just need to figure out witch one.

Sandy

I bought a 1/2 interest in Grosshill Boogermans Crown Prince - now sold and Grosshills Miss Maggie - trying to sell.

Hey Illusive Hussler(Chelsea),

Everyone has posted all of the basic info about Grosshill Farm. Right before Grosshill went out of business, My family purchased three horses from the Burchill's. Grosshill EK Creations Duke of Earl, Grosshill EKs Incredible Illusion, and Grosshill EK Creations Delicate Doll. Incredible Illusion, my gelding, is a paternal half brother to your Illusive Hussler. We also have quite a few other Grosshill horses, that we have bought over the years.

Kristina

Sandy

He is beautiful, I can't wait to see more pictures of him. Does he have any app spots. His sire was really

spotted.

Kristina, do you have any pictures of Grosshill EK Creations Delicate Doll, I look for her on your web site

but did not see her.

Thanks Vicky

Hey doesn't also Reece Family Miniatures also own Grosshill Gamblers Best Bet??

I was just paging through an old Miniature Horse World Magazine and saw the ad!

Mini Horse Lover :bgrin

Vicky Texas,

I don't think I have any pictures of Delicate Doll, but I will go back and check. We are planning on clipping up a bunch of the broodmares this summer and having a "photo shoot", so I will PM you some pictures.

Thank you everyone!

And KTS...I work with Buckshot(formely known as Cody) and Cowboy! You have very nice minis! And I just love little Buckshot, he's such a cheeky little boy LOL

Thanks again everyone for helping me out!

My senior stallion is grandson to Grosshills I`m a booger too and he qualified for HOYS in 2004 (they didnt have a qualifyer last year, maybe this year if BMHS remembers it has members here too!!!) and judges always say he has faultless confirmation!! He is so gentle too. (he is the one in my avatar) so I think that farm really knew their stuff and if you look at Alliance miniatures website...you will see what I mean.!!
default_yes.gif
:

My senior stallion is grandson to Grosshills I`m a booger too and he qualified for HOYS in 2004 (they didnt have a qualifyer last year, maybe this year if BMHS remembers it has members here too!!!) and judges always say he has faultless confirmation!! He is so gentle too. (he is the one in my avatar) so I think that farm really knew their stuff and if you look at Alliance miniatures website...you will see what I mean.!!
default_yes.gif
:
Wow, you're right! They have very nice minis there! Gorgeous

I was with the people who bought Boogerman at the dispersal sale. It was quite an exciting time.

He really did look better than I thought he would. For 20+ years old he was kept in good shape. He still looks good and is actively breeding. I am still good friends with the owners.

Oh wow! Is there a website with pics of him??? I have an old pic of him on my mantle piece with his grandson!! (how sad am I!!!!
default_wacko.png
: )

had to edit coz I meant 2 seperate pics Sundance never met his grandad :)

Golden Meadow Minis owns him and I am sure they have pictures on their website, might just be the same ones they have used forever............

Yes, Golden Meadow Miniatures bought him. Their web address is www.goldenmeadow-minis.com. I actually do their site. The pictures are the same ones that have been published for years. They haven't gotten any new ones done.

Latest posts

Back