Greencastle

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
The sale is the 25th. Anyone planning on going?? I would love to see the driving team they have!!

I am planning on going unless my husband backs out at the last minute. If I do go, I want him to tie my hands behind my back so I can't bid on anything!
default_rolleyes.gif

Look at the LB US sale board for the ad from Dover, PA. These 3 horses are going to that sale if not sold by then. They belong to a friend of mine.

I LOVE her appy mare. I was even consider buying her but a few slaes fell through with buyers on my end. and I dont want too many without proper care. I am also going to the sale. So we will see.

I am taking 4 minis my self, I too have to many to handle by my self now.

I talked with Mr Hawbaker last Friday. He has 140 something minis consigned and he said that he was going to stop at that since he always gets a few walk ins. He said with more than 150 people get tired and start leaving which is true.

He also said he had like 40 donkeys and I think 2 driving mules or might have been donkeys.

Barb

I think thier will be some really nice horses. I am going to have to sit on my hands!!!

Mr Hawbaker said there is alot of appaloosas consigned. I really wonder if alot of them are from Heritage miniatures in NC. I saw he is bring about 10 to MT Airy this weekend. I am not going but it said that he is trying to reduce his numbers and i think even sell out.

Barb

ooohhhh tell me more tell me more!!!! I am already thinking of ways to get money!!!

Ill be there with 3 if they are not sold. An Appaloosa, a double bred Orion vant hussen stallion,pintoloosa. and a dark bay. They are on the sale board. Contessa you better go! your husband can stay home and you can go with me. Lorie

Do they also sell tack there too? Like harness and carts?

Yes they sell tach, too!! It is a nice good time!!

We are planning to go. Have been a few times. Nice tack sale and they do usually have carts and harnesses. Has anyone heard whether Nick will be there with gates and panels again?

Mark

I'm planing on going. Sounds like I'll have to keep my hands tied behind my back! I really don't need anymore but you never know.

Becky

Is there anywhere I can find a list of consignments ? The sale is several hours from here so would be nice to know if there was anything of interest..

We bought some small round pens there a few years ago and a training cart. That would be the only thing that I would be interested in is another round pen, we do not sell or buy horses at auction sites unless of course its the "Taylors Pony Farm" or other well known breeders own sale.

I imagine that there would be some buys of horses there going to happen but I aways found that you get what you pay for and sometimes you do find special one that you have in your barn at a bargain price. JMO

Some people need the money and cutting back before winter arrives so they are taking all types of livestock to area auctions at the moment so they are probably going to go really cheap unless alot of people are interested in the same animal going for bid.

The VIP auction this spring we heard had some really nice quality horses there but I do not know if they are going to have it next year or not.

Was there a Tri-State miniature horse/tack auction this October? Didn't hear of anything there going on either, but they usually have a good sale with colorful miniatures there too that the club puts on.

You can only get the list the day before on Friday. If they had a list earliy I think it would help boost the prices a bit. But it is time consuming.

Latest posts

Back