Greencastle, Pa min sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmm86

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just was wandering if anyone went to the sale. I went and saw alot of really nice looking horses and talked to some nice people too! I had a couple picked out but not enough money to buy them and bring them home!! If anyone went, can you tell me what they brought? I didn't stay long enough to watch them go.

Here's their numbers:

I also have their owner's names that brought them and was wondering if anyone here knew them or knew where they were from. I really liked their horses.

Cindy Hoover - Cindy's Miniatures

Barbara Havins/Jane Smith - Knight Hawke Miniatures

Thanks!

Becky McMath

Becky, # 11 went for $1200. # 18 went for $950, # 23 went for $1000, #38 went for $1250, # 49 went for $650 and was no saled, #54 went for $800, #117 went for $800, and #125 went $ 650. I missed #111 being sold I was checking out other horses then! As for the owners I dont know I am fairly new at this, and only know a few of the names. Lorie

Hey everyone! Just was wandering if anyone went to the sale. I went and saw alot of really nice looking horses and talked to some nice people too! I had a couple picked out but not enough money to buy them and bring them home!! If anyone went, can you tell me what they brought? I didn't stay long enough to watch them go.

Here's their numbers:

I also have their owner's names that brought them and was wondering if anyone here knew them or knew where they were from. I really liked their horses.

Cindy Hoover - Cindy's Miniatures

Barbara Havins/Jane Smith - Knight Hawke Miniatures

Thanks!

Becky McMath

[size=4I know Barrb Havens....she is in levels WV. Knight Hawke Farms is the name of thier place.

Thanks for the prices Lorie! From the sounds of it prices were pretty high but the horses were really nice looking. I have one more favor to ask, could anyone tell me what #85 went for? The barn that I work at it in the evenings, it's the owner's sister's horse. Thanks again!

Becky McMath

Becky, # 85 went for $ 300. You are welcome! Lorie

Thanks for the prices Lorie! From the sounds of it prices were pretty high but the horses were really nice looking. I have one more favor to ask, could anyone tell me what #85 went for? The barn that I work at it in the evenings, it's the owner's sister's horse. Thanks again!

Becky McMath

We went to the sale and took 6 horses. There was nice horses there but a majority of them were not nice. I didn't get to watch a whole lot of the horses sell because i was getting my own ready. But it seemed that color was selling. It doesn't seem like bloodlines matter too much up there, a Sids Rebel daughter selling for like $850-$900, it just doesn't make sense to me. And this Sids Rebel was really nice. But then unregistered horses and World Class only horses were selling for like $950. A appy stallion that was broke to drive sold for $3,000. I liked only like 10 horses out of like 146 horses. It seemed like the people up there liked the more stocky horses. It just doesn't make sense why somebody is willing to pay a $1500-$3,000 on a horse that isn't nice, doesn't have a impressive pedigree, and the only thing going for them is color. Our horses sold pretty good though. Aubrey

I noticed when I was at the October 05 sale that as long as it had color, it sold and sold lots better then nicer solid colored horses. Some really not nice at all pinto mares and fillies sold for much higher then they should have!!

[SIZE=10pt]I believe the Greencastle sale was one of the best "mini only" sales I've been to so far that is in my area. The quality of the horses were good! Prices were good although there were some good colts and stallions that went cheap. We sold a stallion and took home two really nice mares. Alot of the time at these auctions you need to be able to see a diamond in the rough and see the potential in horses that may not have been conditioned or shown to their potential. Alot of the people I talked to at the sale were first time mini owners or just looking for a backyard pet for their kids. Therefore explaining why color sells better to these people who really don't understand what they're buying but just want something that looks pretty. The buyers at this auction seemed alot more legit (not dealers, I only saw one dealer) and people from all over, I met people from NC and Nova Scotia. I will definately attend this auction again and probably not attend the New Holland auction which doesn't have many horses of quality. Thanks for letting me share![/SIZE]

I went to almost all of the Greencastle sales and I remember when it first started at the Shippensburg Fair grounds several years ago. It's a really good sale for those of us that live close and can't travel very far to attend the really big sales. I've noticed too, that alot of the paints and appys sell alot better than the solid colored ones. I looked at the appy stallion that was broke to drive and the only thing that I liked about him was his color and body type. He had a kind of wild look to his eye and that's one thing that steered me away from him and also that he was a stallion. I don't have the time,space, nor experience to deal with a stallion. His bloodlines were Rowdy on the bottom and Little Kings Alfalfa Please on top. But all in all, I would go back to the Greencastle sale. It's the best mini sale I've ever went to for this area. Thanks again Lorie for you help in giving me the prices!!

Becky

Latest posts

Back