mini sale greencastle PA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denielle johns

Reaction score
Has anyone been to the greencastle sale in PA? How much should I expect to pay for a weanling filly, nice enough to show 4h production?

I've been to Greencastle plenty of times. Right now with the economy being so bad prices are low. Be sure to check hooves, bite, and conformation on horses you are bidding on. I've been many times and only bought one horse from the sale it was a overo, Van Lo Sample bloodlines. I mostly buy tack and check out the sale prices, sometimes I do consign a couple of over stock horses, prices are not great for the sellers. Last year there was a Boones Buckaroo daughter in foal, she was beautiful, but I had no room for her and she went for around $350., so it's a buyers market. It pays to get there early and talk to the sellers if yore looking for a show horse so they don't no sell it, if they know it is going to be shown they may let it go for low. Not too many weanlings, but there is a farm from Tenn. that usually brings a few, prices between $75 and $1500. Have fun and look for me, I'll be there on Fri. till Sat. night. Look for River Rose Farm horses, don't know what stalls we have yet. Hope to see you there and meet you!

I was going to go, there is a mare consigned that I was interested in (Galahad Glow In The Dark) but I cant find any info about her anywhere. To make a nearly 5 hour drive, I at least need pictures. Anyone know anything about this mare? Shes AMHA/AMHR, but doesnt list her numbers.

mydaddysjag - I can give you this info from the AMHA studbooks.

LUCKY FOUR GALAHAD GLOW N THE DARK

NAME REG. NO FOAL DATE S CL BT ST HT

LUCKY FOUR GALAHAD GLOW N THE DARK A 114327 06/23/2000 M SBK PD - 33.500

SIRE LUCKY FOUR LOOK OF EAGLES A 73035 PBK DN - 32.000

DAM MARTINS BOOZERS GOOD N GORGEOUS A 61096 SBK DN - 33.500

BRDR WADE S BURNS OR JON WOODRING

OWNR KATHLEEN F. SMITH

FOAL(S)

[Top]

NAME REG. NO FOAL DATE S CL BT ST HT

FOAL LUCKY FOUR GRANDS LOTZA RAINBOWS A 159485 04/04/2005 M SBK PD - 31.000

PARENT LUCKY FOUR AFTER DARK GRAND PRIX

TOTAL 1 Foal(s)

I've been to Greencastle plenty of times. Right now with the economy being so bad prices are low. Be sure to check hooves, bite, and conformation on horses you are bidding on. I've been many times and only bought one horse from the sale it was a overo, Van Lo Sample bloodlines. I mostly buy tack and check out the sale prices, sometimes I do consign a couple of over stock horses, prices are not great for the sellers. Last year there was a Boones Buckaroo daughter in foal, she was beautiful, but I had no room for her and she went for around $350., so it's a buyers market. It pays to get there early and talk to the sellers if yore looking for a show horse so they don't no sell it, if they know it is going to be shown they may let it go for low. Not too many weanlings, but there is a farm from Tenn. that usually brings a few, prices between $75 and $1500. Have fun and look for me, I'll be there on Fri. till Sat. night. Look for River Rose Farm horses, don't know what stalls we have yet. Hope to see you there and meet you!

Thanks for all the info. I will look for you sat. Maybe you can help us find the right baby, we only have one mini now and we show AQHA so showing minis is new to us.

I was going to go, there is a mare consigned that I was interested in (Galahad Glow In The Dark) but I cant find any info about her anywhere. To make a nearly 5 hour drive, I at least need pictures. Anyone know anything about this mare? Shes AMHA/AMHR, but doesnt list her numbers.
Not sure why, but the catalog didn't post the pictures that I e-mailed to them, as instructed, so it may not be the consigners fault if pictures are not in the catalog. If the consigner is listed maybe you could check their web site and see if a picture is posted there. Or maybe they will post them closer to the sale as they do have some posted.

I've been going to the Greencastle sale for years now and have bought a couple horses from there. I agree with Roseriver - check bites, legs, feet, just like you would for any horse you looking to buy, and get there early to make sure you can talk to the owners. Right now from what I've been seeing prices at this sale have been way down so you might get a good deal a nice little filly. The farm that Roseriver is talking about I believe is called Timber Ridge, owned by Nancy Dalton - always brings beautiful black and white weanling colts and fillies but sometimes brings bred/open mares in the spring. I'll probably go to check out prices and see what's there - no room in my barn for any more! Good luck in finding your new filly!

Becky M.

As always it is buyer beware. Many people bring some nice horses but others use it as a dumping ground for mars that won't breed and other problem horses. I believe there has been paperwork problems at times too so it would not hurt to check papers in addition to feet, teeth etc. Prices will probably be low but that wonderful deal can come back to bite you if you are not careful.

Latest posts

Back