Green Castle Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flaxenacres

Reaction score
Anyone get the prices. I was not able to be there for the whole sale. I missed all the donkeys and driving horses. and the last 11 horses. Thanks if you can help. I know Zoey was there but I didnt get to talk to you. Lorie

I am here! I am here! It was a long night. That drive kills us.

I wasnt consistant on the getting the prices. It gets really long at times. We had a great time. Did you buy anything?

Leah, No I had to behave I just bought a perlino mare and I have been off work for 8 weeks with surgery. Did you buy anything? I saw a couple of good buys but I was good. Lorie

I bought one yesterday at the sale. Bought Reeces ZJB Gold Medalion a palomino colt out of Zee Jays Buccarudy. He's really leggy & tall....31.5" at 6 months old. His sire is 29.75" and his dam is 33.75", so not sure where the height is coming from. Pretty boy with a neck like a giraffe!!! Haven't gotten any pics yet.

Enjoyed going to the sale!

We just got home this evening. We did get one mare. I have prices on first 35 horses and last donkeys and driving horses.

We did get to meet Dream Mountain Minis (hope I got that right) very nice lady. Met up with several others we have seen over the last few years.

Thought the sale was little better on quality with fewer horses. Prices seemed better/ a Little bit??

Saw several that should have brought way more than they did.

I will post prices i have tomorrow.

Mark

I bought the app mare with colt by her side. It was an awesome deal. I have to get pics.

The quality was better and some foals brought good money. That drawf brought I think 1000.00

The way prices are going and winter coming I think the prices were decent.

So I am looking for foal blanket. I bought one thierfrom a vendor out front and it was mismarked and it is way too big. We even tried it on him and I changed my mind on the color and now it doesnt fit. Any suggestions? I never have a foal at this time of yr so I dont have blankets to fit. I stall him at night so I am not even sure he needs a blanket. He is 5 wks old.

We were there I got prices for all ,will post them ,right now am exhausted and going to catch some zzz's . We didn't buy any horses but i did get a cart and harness :aktion033: cooper mini thank you , you were also a very nice couple to meet... I thought prices were good and there was a very good selection will definatly being going back next spring I think they said the sale will be may 12th 2008..

Did anyone get a price on # 89. She may have been a sub. She was a solid black with a strip going down her face with 2 blue eyes.

If your new foal wasn't bodyclipped, it won't need a winter blanket. Mother nature takes good care of the minis in the winter.

He is not body clipped. So I guess he will be ok. He is a fuzzy wuzzy. It got down to 34 this morning.

He is so cute the cute police should come and take him for being so darn cute :eek: OK you can tell I am tired. I watched him all night. I have to post pics when I get home.

PS I had so much fun I cant wait till next sale. I am taking off so it is not so crazy.

I missed # 89 too . What was the dwarf like I was late. I didnt get there till # 40. But a friend told me the dwarf brought 800. Please post prices if you can. I missed alot. Thanks to all! Lorie

Zoey, congrats on your new appy. Is she THE dream horse ? Was there any black pinto mares with blue eys... my dream horse?

Glad you all had fun!

Robin

Robin, There were alot of black and white fillys. Mostly Timber view farm. And I do think some had blue eyes. Lorie

Robin-

Yes thier was a B & W mare with blue eyes!! She had many foals and we beautiful. I swear if I had your number I would have give you a pic. She only got to I think 700- or 800. I was going to bid on her. She was a knock out!!! When we checked her out she was walking funny. When I asked the owner she said it looked like a farrier prob. She was very upset with the price she got, with plenty of foals on the ground. I would be too. She was a knock out. But I was kind of scared. I was thinking of you
default_yes.gif
: though.

There was a lot of cute b&w fillies.

PS I cheated... We got the internet in the motel and researched all the mares. We were up until 3:30

So many claimed "foals easily" and in the stud book they never foaled. I know that is not 100% accuarte but a 10yr old mare should have one or two at least on the books. And with all those horses thier I didnt want to risk a difficult birth.

Yes she is a knock out-- Triple reg foal on the ground. She was not rebred and that is ok with me. I have an awesome stallion. She is so friendly!!! She is showing more spots everyday.

Pics to come!!!!!!

The dwarf sold for $800. And for the first time since we have been going no one asked about getting papers on the dwarf (at least that we could hear).

I didn't get price on 89 as we were outside talking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe all us Pa. people could meet and cooper minis.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the mare we bought. Lot 33 IONA FARMS CHARIOT OF FIRE a daughter of ASA BOY BLUES ALL FIRED UP. She is bred to IONA FARMS BANANA SPLIT for 2008. We didn't plan on buying any but couldn't pass her up.

oct_29_2007_009_medium_web_view.jpg

Sorry the pic isn't great it was getting late and she had been home less than 24 hours. She is doing very well here and seems to be fitting in well. Good thing she came with a good fur coat as we have been in the 20's here.

Mark

How cute and very sweet!!! I am loving her confirmation.

Mark, Congrats! She is real nice. I know it has been droping in the 30's here. Lorie

Latest posts

Back