Grazing muzzle

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trenna

Reaction score
Tough 1 has a new mini grazing muzzle that is just what I'm looking for but am very leary of the nylon.

I've had big horses all my life and believed in leather halters only in turn out but I even wonder if a mini could break a leather halter if they got stuck.

Any experiences with muzzles (nylon) or changing to leather headstall?

Also, this seems rather heavy (metal rings are large as well as side buckle)

Hmmm...I guess I'm bad because I use a nylon muzzle attached to a nylon halter. My mare is good about keeping it on and it is loose enough that she could wriggle out of it if she was stuck. But I've had geldings that would do everything in their power to get it off, so it had to be duct taped on.

duct tape to a leather halter, what a good idea! Thank you

I use the Kensington Poll Grazing Muzzle. Had it for years and it's very sturdy. Got it from Ozark Mountain Mini Tack. I never turn a horse out with a halter on and this muzzle is fastened by velcro so it would come off if a horse managed to hang up on something but I've never had it come off either.

I am going to buy one on the way home from work today. Ive been looking around for one aswell and I have found one that is suitable. I would never leave a halter on a horse/ mini that is turned out either. Too Dangerous.

Good luck , Hoping you find the right one
default_yes.gif

I have the tough 1 mini muzzle and its crown is velcro for emergency release. Ive seen older models with plastic clips at the throat latch that will break if stressed. You can always use mary's idea of using ribbon or string to tie the throat latch to the clip making a "fuse" that will break if needed.

Tough One has had mini grazing muzzle, I had one for 3 yrs, had to replace it last year. It does have velcro at the poll which easily pops open if they get caught. The hole for grazing is larger than the Best Friends brand, I use both brands, depends on the horse.

Back