Grandsons are home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihaven

Reaction score
My twin grandsons have finally been released and are home.After 2 months in the hospital(preemies) they are doing great but I have a question ?

WHAT DO YOU BUY 2 MONTH OLD BABIES FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!

Help me think of something wonderful for their "first" Christmas.

And they would be soooooooo tiny! I have no clue but I'll bet they're cute.
wub.gif

How about starting a college fund? And maybe some itty bitty onesies in their folks' favorite school colors?

How wonderful that they are home in time for Christmas!

How about a gift certificate for Mom & Dad for a dinner out thus giving you babysitting rights AND a beanie baby for each, not identical though. I gave Aidan a blue beanie puppy and it is now his lovey. He carries it everywhere and there is no greater gift than the security of a lovey.

I think the offer to babysit and let mom and dad have an evening break is a great idea but Im one of those who would like to give some kind of keepsake that they would have forever, like an ornament made uniquely just for each of them from Grandma.

How about gift certificates/vouchers for housecleaning/laundry services? It's not neccesarily FOR the babies, but it will help everyone.

Do they each have the little baby bouncer/vibrating chair things? Those ROCK! Baby hats, car suits (fleece kind that can be buckled in), burb cloths, chewy/lovey things, any kind of infant developmental toys, soothing CD's, long sleeve onesises & pull on warm pants, reallly cute bibs are fun.

Thanks and keep the ideas coming. I will be shopping tomorrow.

I loved all the ideas especially the babysitting part.
yes.gif

Dimimore- One is Aiden
aktion033.gif
and one is Alec.

They have already outgrown the preemie clothes and are in those whopping 0-3 now!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I opened 529 accounts for my granddaughters. This is a college fund that you keep control of. The account is in your name with the child as the benificary. The money can be taken out tax free for education only. If taken out for other uses the money is taxed. You can start the account with a small amount and add to it every birthday or Christmas. You can list the account in your name with your Husband listed second. If anything happens to both of you it then goes to the child.

If at some point in time ( God forbid) something happens to that child or if the child becomes a drug user or for what ever reason you no longer want the child to have the money, you can transfer the money to a different child. If that child needs the money for any other use you can release the money to them at any time. Just remember if not used for education the money is now taxable.

My granddaughters still get a Christmas present but not as many. They get so much stuff from the other grandparents, aunts, uncles and parents they never miss out on opening gifts.

Back