Gracie's Mini Mommas' To Be Page- All done foaling! Five Healthy Foals!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow Sandy, he is another cracker
default_yes.gif
Can you take a pic of his head front on when you get time, that blaze looks fabulous.
default_thumbup.gif

congratulations I'm so glad your foaling is done ...you had to be worried even more than we all usually do with last years heatbreaks. I'm so glad you had a great season ending with a beautiful colt

Congratulations on your beautiful herd! They are all so gorgeous in their own little ways. Good job to both you and Gracie! I can only hope my last two go as well. Beautiful babies
default_smile.png

Great birth pictures!

I love his little markings, especially his face
default_smile.png

WOW what a gorgeous finish to your great foaling season this year! he is absoloutly adorable! loving that blaze and his gorgeous face!! absoloutly adorable well done to you and to Gracie! yippee!! :D

so so happy for you all!

Hey all, Margarita needs prayers. She Has been down almost all day. We turned her & the little man out on some grass to see if exercise made her feel a bit better but she keeps laying down sternal & flat. No rolling but rear leg kicking at belly. She is passing fluid from vulva so she must be cramping extra hard. Talked to my vet & gave another Banamine dose which seems to only take the edge off. She does graze some while laying down & appears appetite is good. She has not passed any manure yet either which is not abnormal at 15 hours post foaling. Vet said if she keeps going down then she will need to come out.

oh Praying so hard for Margartia!! come on sweet mumma!! get better soon!! you have a lovely new baby that you have to watch over and feed
default_smile.png
come on honey!

praying for you guys to Sandy and Gracie, that she picks up and all is well
default_smile.png

Thanks for your prayers. The vet came out and took a look at Margarita. Her gut sounds were very good so everything pointed to uterine. Yes, I went through the placate really good and it was complete. The vet thinks that she may have a slow bleed, so she gave her Oxytocin along with another pain killer (can't remember what it is called and a very small amount of Rompum). Her respiration & heart rate were elevated but did go down after the second pain med on top of her Banamine I had given her 90 minutes before. The vet(who is also a friend) had to go pick up some sheep milk for a bummer lamb so she swung back by and checked on her a bit ago and Margarita is much more comfortable. She left me another rise of the pain med/sedative and oxytocin if Margarita gets uncomfortable again. She did finally poop!!!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
I do now mares can go upwards to 24 hours in some cases with no manure. She has finally also drank fair amount of water. I gave her a soupy bran mash and her grain tonight and some soaked alfalfa. She finished all her grain and nibbled on her alfalfa some She really does act like it is uterine pain and not gut. Right now she is the most comfortable I have seen her since she foaled. SHe is actually standing over the colt and not laying down next to him.

I took some pictures today of the two of them when we turned them out. The colt looks a lot like daddy!! He measure a 7" cannon and 20.5" tall. I will post some pictures next.

Margarita's colt at 15 hours old. He definitely has blue eyes! I wonder if he will grey out or stay bay? Also looking at these pictures am I seeing a slight roach back or is it just his white back that makes him appear that way? I guess I am just so worried about the dwarf deal maybe I am seeing things???

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2410.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checking in quick before I get the kids off to school. I am so glad mum is doing better, I will continue to pray.

Congratulations on your new colt! Very handsome boy indeed.

Some mares tend to have more cramping pain than others. Glad your vet was able to help with that.

As to the colt's color, neither sire nor dam are grey, so he will stay a very handsome bay pinto. One of my favorite colors.
default_smile.png

He looks adorable to me!! Congrats. Margarita appears to be silver black (silver dapple) in her photos, so if that is the case the foal cannot turn gray. It is only true grays like our Mira that can pass on the graying gene. Silver black is my favorite color!!! Our Dancer is silver black.

Back