Gracie's Mini Mommas' To Be Page- All done foaling! Five Healthy Foals!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pull out the popcorn people, it sounds soon!
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

Foal Strip test is 6.4 still. She is waxing as well as milk and actually a bit more receptive to me touching her udder and hooha. Her hooha is looking a bit red inside. She is also acting "needy" for her friends.

As Ben requested... here are some pictures I took with my cell phone. Not the best quality or lighting.

Image 8.jpg Image 10.jpg

Image 9.jpg

What color do you think this baby is going to be? Silver & white mom and a bay & white daddy????????
It doesn't look like you will have to wait long to find out!

I expect we will see a foal announcement very soon...

Lots of stall walking the past hour. Circles & figure rights going on. Head tossing too. She has behaved this way before when she was first separated from herd but it's not been normal or for this long in a long time. Lots of side & butt biting going on as well.

Sounds like we might see a baby tonight!

Mary is doing her usual routine...so i don't expect anything from her tonight.

But, LET'S GO MARGARITA!!!

Praying for another safe foaling for you, Gracie and Margarita! Let's see another beautiful foal
default_smile.png

We are just so blessed! Another quick & safe delivery! This time the ring test was wrong.... Is a colt! A bay tobiano looks a lot like daddy!! Presentation was good except when I felt his head was twisted sideways. Once I corrected it, he pretty much came right out. He stood up within 10 minutes. Gave Margarita Banamine as she keeps going down. He is trying to find the milk bar. She passed placenta in 20 minutes. Funny think Margarita keeps doing is licking her udder! Lol!

Congrats! I knew she was going to beat Mary!

Can't wait to see some pics of the new little guy!

Thank you! Still waiting for him to find the milk bar but we are still ahead of schedule. His cannon measure right at 7". We will measure height tomorrow. Will post pictures tomorrow too.

Just crawled back in bed. Baby got a good nurse in finally & passed quite a bit of meconim after his enema. Margarita ate her bran mash & drank a good bit of water. She is still cramping quite a bit in spite of the dose of Banamine I gave her IV. She keeps laying down. Watching her on camera now & she is down again but at least she lays quiet. Baby is finally laying down now too. First time since he got up.

Time for some shut eye now.... Good night.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you and Gracie...even if the nail test was wrong on this last one. Can't wait to see pics.

Was just thinking that we should have a pinned post on this sub-forum for all the foals born here so all the "aunties" will have a single place to check the ones they helped come into the world. I will start one....

I want pics! Lol how are they doing Sandy? I bet you and Gracie are rushed off your feet with all these new babies to care for.

Mary what a great idea. Us old gals are a stubborn lot so when we decide these babies are coming out alive we mean it, I am so glad you got 3/3 gorgeous babies and Sandy 4/4 I just wish we had been here last year.
default_sad.png

Gracie and I feel like we have had "Fairy Godmothers" watching over our moms' and babies. We are just truly blessed and beyond tickled!! Margarita is still acting a bit uncomfortable but much better. I tried to snap a few pictures but he was not very cooperative. I will try for better ones later this afternoon when we turn them out to graze a bit. I think this one might be homozygous too and have blue eyes!

IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2375.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple pictures I took last night from my cell phone as Gracie helped bring her last 2012 foal in to the world. I am so proud of Gracie. She will be 13 in a couple months and has learned so much about life and death in the last couple years. She was so good at helping the moms deliver their babies. She had no issues checking the foals positions and learning what she was feeling inside there. I never had to tie a placenta up or help a foal nurse.

Image 11.jpg

Image 13.jpg

Image 12.jpg

Latest posts

Back