Gracie's Mini Mommas' To Be Page- All done foaling! Five Healthy Foals!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! What a gorgeous filly and the pictures of Gracie in her helmet and breeches, drying her new baby, needs to be published somewhere!

Your story is thrilling. that needs to be published too...with the pictures.

(Don't you feel sometimes that there is a foaling angel watching over our little mares and babies?)

Congratulations.

Oh CONGRATULATIONS!!
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif
So happy for you guys and your filly is beautiful!!!

What a heart warming story with such a lovely ending. Shes stunning and check out those markings...the filly fairy picked out the perfect colors for your little Angel. Congratulations to you all.

PS when ya goin' riding again?? hint hint....just a thought!!

Thank you all so much for the kind compliments. We are just so excited at what our stud has produced with these nice mares in his first year as a sire. So far all three are correct legged and pretty headed! We still have two more to go and Jasmine is ready to pop with 4 squares colored and the 5th one slightly changed on the Predict A Foal test. Her hooha is swollen and while she still has control over her tail, it is not as strong as before. Her hooha is also changing to a darker color. Margarita that is not due until June 1st is also starting to bag up good. I think she is jealous of all her friends having babies.

We had a 4-H meeting here tonight and the girls and their moms went crazy over the three babies. Rocky and Superman put on a good show in the pasture for everyone to oooohh and awwwww over
default_yes.gif
We turned Angel and Selena (Gracie changed from Oreo) out for about an hour today by themselves. Selena is so strong I think I am going to turn them out tomorrow with the other two mares full time. Superman's little face is so swollen. My vet was here today (her daughter is in my 4-H group) and she is still not worried about the swelling. We have been cleaning it twice a day and applying antibiotic ointment. She said we can apply cold compresses to help with the swelling and then on Sunday or Monday switch to hot compresses. Superman seems to have forgiven us for the most part as he is approaching us again.

Here are some pictures I took today of Selena. They are not the best as I had to rush to get patterns drawn for the 4-H meeting. Gracie chose the name Selena as it means "moon" in Greek and the start on her forehead reminded Gracie of a full moon.

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2077.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SURPRISE!!!!!! Angel (yes Angel, the black mare) foaled tonight at 6:25pm while we were out riding. She was 326 days today. I checked her udder late this morning before we turned her out and I could one get a couple drops out and it was a light yellow color. I did notice tonight, right before we brought her in, that she was walking at a good clip across the field, but did not think much of it. We brought the three expectant girls in to the barn before we rode. We had a couple other of Gracie's friends here riding and I was watching them. I had noticed at one point she came out in to the paddock and had obviously rolled in the shavings. At this point Angel and Jasmine were together in the one stall and paddock. A few minutes later as Gracie rode by, she made a comment that "boy Angel sure had a good roll" and when I looked I saw that she was covered head to toe in shavings. I was just going to go check her when Gracie screamed "mom! she is foaling!" Sure enough, the amnion was sticking out along with a hoof and a bit of a nose. I was the first one to her since I was not mounted. I immediately felt relief when I saw that there was another leg. Angel did some serious rolling to make adjustments. The first think I noticed was black legs with white and a back head
default_488.gif
and then the rest came out and it was a gorgeous black and white..... FILLY!!!!!
default_488.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

She measures a 7" cannon and approx 21" to 21.5" tall!! She Was up fast and looking for food. Angel was very painful afterwards and even with Banamine she is still down quite a bit but did eat her bran & grain mash and nibbled some wet alfalfa. This little girl was running and bucking within an hour. She is very strong and nursing well. Since I did not have a halter monitor on her or even have her under camera yet, I thank the good Lord that we were out there and she chose to have a daylight baby!!

Introducing Angel's filly "Oreo"
Congratulations on your beautiful black and white pinto filly! Sounds like she is a tiny one! Enjoy her!

Her tail is all white except for a tiny bit of black on the end. It is so white and fluffy, looks like a rabbit tail. Too cute!!

Our show mare Princess is a perfect match for her - what a matched driving pair they would make! Attaching a baby pic for comparison. Princess is 32.5" at 8 years. Princess also has a star.

Fashion2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Our show mare Princess is a perfect match for her - what a matched driving pair they would make! Attaching a baby pic for comparison. Princess is 32.5" at 8 years. Princess also has a star.

Oh wow!! Princess is gorgeous and you are absolutely right, they would make an awesome driving pair!!

Turned Angel and Selena out with the boys and Lexi & Fancy. Fancy wanted to steal Selena for all of a couple minutes until Angel went loco on Fancy. Since then all has been peaceful out there except Rocky really want to check out his new sister and keeps tailing to her and Angel will not let him near her. I managed to grab my camera and snap some pictures a bit ago. So I will post some.

Jasmine is testing 5 squares this morning, so I imagine she will foal by tomorrow morning.
default_thumbup.gif

Rocky giving Gracie kisses!

IMG_2094.JPGIMG_2116.JPG

Wow, can they get any cuter? You have a sweet little herd of babies and can't wait to see the next one!!

what adorable babies, Gracie is a very lucky girl
default_yes.gif
I am sending prayers for a safe delivery tonight
default_pray.gif

Thank you guys! I just can not believe how blessed we are with the three foals so far. We feel so lucky!

Jasmine is holding on to her little one. She must be baking on the spots and black points. I am down to two more Predict A Foal test strips so I am waiting to test her tonight( my other test strips are in route here). Her milk is like glue and her tail head much more relaxed. She is 335 days today and she was the one who normally foals at 330 days. Gracie and Dale are hosting a Mothers Day BBQ here for my mom, our close friends and me so I think she is holding off to perform the entertainment for the evening
default_smile.png

Happy Mothers Day to all you moms and horse moms!!!

Latest posts

Back