Gracie's Mini Mommas' To Be Page- All done foaling! Five Healthy Foals!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwww congrats. What a handsome boy! Love those spots
default_smile.png

Oh he is adorable!! Love his markings and sweet little face!

Thank you all so much!! We are just thrilled with our two boys!! Now to get some girls.... The next three ring tested girls, we are keeping our fingers crossed.

The moms and babies are doing fabulous! I am a bit bummed as we are going to be gone for a good portion of the day and they will be cooped up in their stalls because Gracie has 4-H Horse Mastership testing. I am glad Jasmine is not showing ready as I am not sure what I would do. When can I try to turn both mom's and babies out together? Should I wait until Superman gets bigger since he is so much smaller than Rocky?

Just logged on after a longnight myself and saw your post and pics, CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! So happy for you guys.
default_smile.png
. He is beautiful. Hope you have a chance to get some sleep now but it sounds like you're on to the next watch, lol

I will be interested to hear what others say about when to turn them back out together. You need to allow them time to bond with their foals. We have been turning the mares with fillies out together (supervised at first) since the youngest was about 5 days old. The mares indicated they wanted to be with each other by whinnying a lot. Today was the first time all three mares and foals were together, with ages from 9 days to 4 weeks. There were still some tense moments when babies got too close to the wrong mothers, but they seem to be sorting it out. These are three mares that all got along GREAT before they foaled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am NOT a very good example as my lot get turned out together after a couple of days. Most of mine try to foal during the day whilst out in the field so I guess they feel safer in the herd. Saying that I am very lucky cos my girls get on really well together and panic when they are separated.

Congratulations on your beautiful pinto colt! Love his color, and with such a pretty head!

WOW both of your new babies are just absoloutly gorgeous!!! your stallion is throwing lovely foals
default_smile.png
I cna't wait to see what Jasmine has!! please let it be a filly!!

how is Gracie going being a "mum" lol I bet she is just loving her two new babies!! good work with the presentation of both of them phew! quite scary but seems as though you have handled it brilliantly well done you and Gracie!!

how is Jasmine looking tonight?

Wow! Thank you so much for all your kind compliments! We are pleased as can be with Sky our stallion's first babies. It is very exciting to finally see what he is capable of producing. We think they are pretty nice, but are no experts in mini foal conformation. Gracie had 4-H Horse Mastership testing today. She did awesome scoring a 92.7% on the Level 3 written exam and a 98% on the Level 3 skills tests!! I was so proud of her. We got home late this afternoon and let the two moms and foals out together for 90 minutes. The moms, while friends before foaling were both very protective of their babies, especially Lexi. They did squeal at each other a couple times and herd their babies away but I think they just need some time to chill out together. The baby boys enjoyed their turn-out time, especially lil Superman. He goes non-stop. He still is having occasional fainting foal episodes or maybe possible seizures. My vet does not seem to worried about it as long as they are infrequent and not getting more severe. They do seem few and far between. Superman is a friendly little guy, while Rocky is a tad more cautious, but easily is won over with scratches.

Jasmine is looking pretty miserable. I tested her milk tonight. It is still a clear-yellow but tested two squares tonight so she seems to be making up rather quickly. She foaled last year (I was told) at 330 days and that is in two days. So we are watching her closely, and put the halter alarm on her to be safe.

default_risa8.gif
Well Done Gracie
default_risa8.gif
What a clever girl
default_thumbup.gif
I can't wait to see some pics of the babies outside (hint hint)
default_wink.png

It sounds like Jasmine is coming along nicely
default_yes.gif

Wow- good job Gracie!!!

I just have to tell you- I keep staring at those pictures of Superman, at least three times a day! I just love him.
default_smile.png

I'm really hoping Mary has something like him
default_smile.png

Rocky is amazing too- he reminds me of my stallion Rowdy.

Do give us a picture update on Jasmine when you get the chance!

And I would love to see some pictures of your stallion...where could I find some??
default_smile.png

Hope you get a filly on this next one!

I agree with Renee completely lol great job Gracie!! yes more outside piccies please and Jasmine sounds like she is getting really close!! yay so exciting!

Wow- good job Gracie!!!

I just have to tell you- I keep staring at those pictures of Superman, at least three times a day! I just love him.
default_smile.png

default_smile.png

And I would love to see some pictures of your stallion...where could I find some??
default_smile.png

Ben you can find 'Sky' on Sandy's website www.dandyfarms.net he is gorgeous!! and Sandy your quarter horses are absoloutly STUNNING I especially love your pally mare!! and her colt OH MY!!!! wow its a good thing you live far away from me!! I am in love with that colt!! absoloutly gorgeous!! ( I just had to add that in there as I love quarter horses and pallys lol sigh
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow- good job Gracie!!!

default_smile.png

default_smile.png

default_smile.png

[/font]

Ben you can find 'Sky' on Sandy's website www.dandyfarms.net he is gorgeous!! and Sandy your quarter horses are absoloutly STUNNING I especially love your pally mare!! and her colt OH MY!!!! wow its a good thing you live far away from me!! I am in love with that colt!! absoloutly gorgeous!! ( I just had to add that in there as I love quarter horses and pallys lol sigh
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
)
Thank you Ben! Little Superman is stealing the show because he is so dang small and a ball of fire. Cassie, thank you! I am partial to pallys too and QH
default_yes.gif
as you can tell. My web site is out-dated by a couple years. I have to relay on my son to do the updating and he is just so busy and when we get together, it is the last thing we want to do.

Ben here is a picture of Samis Zky Captain or "Sky" as we call him. He is 30.5" tall on a long hoof day.

IMG_4945.jpg

I know I am creating a monster, but who can resist
default_giveup.gif
??? Superman kept trying to crawl in my lap late yesterday afternoon, so I picked him up and he cuddled and took a nap in my arms
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
I do believe I am a goner when it comes to Superman.

Image.jpg

What a gorgeous picture - you both look so happy and relaxed!
default_yes.gif

Back