Got my new camera system

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountryHaven

Reaction score
Oh I'm so doing the happy dance. No more sleeping in the barn!!! We bought a cheap little camera a couple of years ago that worked okay (not great, but passable) in the old wood garage that we were using for a barn, but when we built the big barn (made out of metal) the camera wouldn't penetrate it (it's a wireless unit, not made for metal barns). Being that the house is 300 feet away, and there are several evergreens in between, we decided not to even try a wireless system made for metal buildings, and bought a 4 camera unit that's hardwired. It is FANTASTIC. and nothing interferes with it. We had the old unit on one stall in the new barn because it did work INSIDE the barn, so I could watch that stall from the office area so the mares didn't feel spied on (Didn't help much that we have three in there now, so I was still having to sleep right down there with them) but everything interferred with it. If someone was using a cell phone nearby, or a passing semi, just about everything would do funky things to the picture. Not this one. The picture is solid and clear all the time. I am so loving it. I've been in the house watching them for two nights now. Yippeeeeee, lovin it.
default_smile.png

Thanks for letting me share my joy.

Sounds really nice! I had a camera too that didn't work through my metal barn and am looking for another one. May I ask what kind it is and where you bought it?? Thanks!
default_smile.png

:lol: hehe some times it doesnt take much to impress us hehe I dont have anyone bred yet and im already asking "santa" for a barn cam :new_multi:
default_whistling.gif
: congrats on the new camera! :lol:

Latest posts

Back