Different Camera Systems Pros/Cons

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple Hollow Farm

Reaction score
Ok I have a quick question for all of you with cameras....Where have all of you bought your cameras and what ones are your favorites. I am looking at getting a second camera for my other barn that I can put over two stalls and trying to get a feel of what is out there of good quality and a nice clear picture and reasonable price. I am looking at wired cameras and need to be able to hook them to a coax cord that runs from the barn to the house. I can get the adaptors and such if necessary as I realize not many are coax ready. I like the camera I have but it is very expensive and I know there has to be a more affordable option out there. Maybe it wouldnt be a bad idea to have this a pinned post that tells the camera systems everyone has and where to get them with all the pros and cons we have found for each one. Thanks!

Hi there. We just bought a Lorex wireless. It's a good brand, I'm sure they make a wired version. It's a home security camera, and you can buy a DVR receiver or plug it right into your TV, VCR or a laptop. Ours is full color, good quality. We plugged ours into a small flat screen TV. The only con is that you have to make sure you have a clear line without obstructions from the house to the barn, so we actually installed a window in one of the foaling stalls. It allows us to see both foaling stalls pretty well, and it cost us less than $100.00.

Is there a link to that camera system or where do you find them? I already have my coax wire buried so am set up to go wired, just havent gotten around to getting the second camera yet. But have a few mares due at the same times so thought it would be nice to put one over two stalls in the bigger barn. I just dont like the fuzzy pictures on some of the wireless cameras, my wired one even gets a bit fuzzy since it is older and I think has a short in one of the wires so figure it is time to get a new one and just have that one for backup.

Someone on MS has a Logitech Pro 9000 and it is very clear. My cam is a Life 702 and I am very happy.

Latest posts

Back