Help! Barn cameras/marestare??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexischase

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!

My new horse property was just recently finished and I desperately need to put up barn cameras! We have already had a couple issues and don't know who is coming into or out of our barn. Halters moved and the sizes changed. Scares me half to death knowing someone is coming into my barn and possibly taking my horses out when I am not there? Someone will be moving onto the property in the next month or two but cameras are absolutely the way to go regardless.

So would love to know what you all use for cameras! I have a mare in foal so NEED to install one in/over her stall ASAP and have it connected with Marestare... I literally know NOTHING about it so could really use some advice! I know I will need wireless internet for all of this correct? I know I am asking terribly dumb questions I just really want cameras up and working properly within the next week if at all possible!

I obviously need cameras that have night vision especially for the foaling stalls. So if anyone could recommend a good camera, or camera system? Or even just tell me what you do for your camera over a pregnant mares stall? Also do I need something specific to have marestare run/work?

Would really appreciate any input/help!!

Thanks a bunch
default_smile.png

You do not have to go wireless, but that might be the best option. It will depend on the distance from your home to the barn as well as the barn structure and any buildings or trees that could block the signal.

Like Karen said, give Mare Stare a call.

You might also visit the neighbors and have them keep an eye on your place until you move in, or contact the local sherriff and explain the problem.

The more eyes the better.

Latest posts

Back