Got my AMHR paperwork back

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
I thought I was losing it--I knew the one filly's papers were coming back. I figured there was a problem with the name, even though I'd used our prefix. But, I opened the packet, & the sheet said I need to file a stallion report that lists that particular mare. Huh? I filed a report for Ice Man. It had 2 mares on it, and they were listed right--I checked & double checked...and checked again the other day after I called AMHR & was told this filly's application had been rejected. They accepted our other Ice Man baby, and if they had that stallion report, they had to have both. I called, & turns out when it was entered onto the computer they changed one mare--so their records showed we had bred Rowbuck somebody-or-other. To me the name sounded like that of a stallion or gelding, but I don't know for sure. It's not a horse we own. It will be fixed, so now I just have to write a note of explanation & send the application back in. Not a big deal, just an annoyance really.

I had noted a color change on the one gelding's permanent application. Some on here have said that's how they have done color changes, and the color just gets fixed when the new papers are issued. Well, anyone wanting to do that may as well do an official application & be sure to include the $10 fee. They did do my color correction, but it's not a freebie any more (if it ever was when you did it this way?) I hadn't included that $10, so if the filly's application hadn't come back, I'd have been $10 short on fees.

I sent a 2nd package of paperwork a little over a week after the first batch--I still don't know if that got to the office before the end of the year. They are swamped with paperwork at the moment so are a little bit behind I'm told. If it didn't get there by the 30th I guess it will all be coming back, since I haven't sent in my '06 membership fee yet....I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because there will be about $40 in penalties if I have to send that bunch of stuff back for registering in January. Grrr. Everything else I've sent/received through the mail just before Christmas was delivered in much less than 9 days. I suppose my package of paperwork is the exception that proves the rule???

Next year I must get all paperwork sent off by December 1st. I'm annoyed with myself for not sending it all together on the 5th, which is when I sent off this first batch. Grumble, grumble.

Oh, another grumble...just noticed on little Smoke's papers that his dam, Timie, is registered as a sorrel. I never paid any attention to the fact that her papers say sorrel, rather than silver bay. I guess I'll pay the $10 to change those too, because that just bugs me, to have the wrong color or registration papers. I will wait a little while, though, until we decide for sure what color Smoke is. I broke down & called him black on his application, but he is not black. His mane & tail are black, but his body is, well, not black. He still looks silver dapple, only he has no silver hairs whatsoever. The insides of his ears are tan. To me he looks grullo, but we will wait until spring to see what he sheds out to. If he is grullo, then we'll be changing his papers too...and Timie's papers will have to be changed to 'silver bay dun'.
default_wacko.png
:

Does AMHR question it if you register a foal with a color that can't possibly have been produced by parents of the colors their papers say they are? For instance, with Smoke, would they have questioned it if I had registered him as grullo, though his parents are registered as sorrel and silver dapple? I know the Morgan registry won't accept impossible color results like that--I would have to send photos & change the mare's color before the colt could be registered. I'm wondering, though, if AMHR is as fussy that way? (no laughing at me please!!)

No laughing here! If this helps at all - this is a picture of my grullo stallion in his winter fuzzies. He has looked like this every winter since he was a baby, no real colour change. You can see the dark dorsal stripe on his back and zebra marks on his legs even in winter.

rockwillsnow.jpg

We're talking about the mini registries here--they allow anything to be registered without regard to color! I know what you mean about the Morgan registry, as AQHA is the same way.

Have you ever looked in the studbook? The colors that supposedly result are unbelievable!

I'm still waiting for Casey's and he's paid in full now.

I had the same thing happen with 1st the stallion report I thank got copied it before mailing it and said do you want me to fax you a copy of it ..... I had her on it when I sent it.

2nd this really chaps me.. I sent in my paper work. I have been a member since 1992 so I have beeen a member for a while. They sent me a letter and note charging me for a MEMBERSHIP!!!!

I called them I said I have been a member since 1992. Here is my number again.... WELL they found me an apoligized.

I also had gotten married 3 years ago. I called them then asked if they wanted a copy of the marrige licence because the AMHA of course did to do a name change and process stuff.

Well this year I had a colt from a mare that was registered prior to me being married. I sent it in this was her first foal. Well I all of a sudden got the responce I needed a transfer from the mare owner so that I could register the foal.

I called them and told them I was the same person I had gotten married 3 yrs ago. They said OK. Well just write a note and mail to to them reminding them of that. I even said do you want me to send a copy of the marriage licience... There reply OH NO. You dont have to do that just send the note. WELL 3 weeks later after sending this in I got a note that I NEEDED TO SEND A COPY OF THE MARRIGE LICENCE. I politely called and said they need to get EVERYONE in the OFFICE on the same page. And told them I would fax it to them but I had asked 3 times if I need to do that and every time I was told NO.

Well just to let you know I started paper work on this horse back in May or June. Well I am still waiting for the paper work. I expect to get it soon thou.

Just looked up on AMHA paper work we did and there was no charge for color correction. Mare was black is now gray. We were going from temp to perm.

Mark

I usually have decent turn around time with AMHR paperwork. This fall has been a royal pain
default_sad.png
I have used the same prefix which AMHR confirmed I should use for several years. Well I registered foals earlier this year with no problems. I sent in the later foals paperwork in October. Well it was all returned in November with a note saying I could no longer use that prefix
default_rolleyes.gif
: So I emailed them about it. They sent an email telling me what prefix I could pay for. So I sent everything back again in November the same day I received their email. I reserved that prefix because this is the 3rd time I've had to change it.

I learned years back to send everything to both registries via delivery confirmation mail. I've had "lost" paperwork happen from both. That hasn't happened once since I send it the new way. At least I have proof the paperwork made it there and if it's lost, well they lost it.

I received a bill from AMHR that stated I owed them money before they would send my paperwork back
default_unsure.png
: I checked bank statements to verify my payments to them. They just took it upon themselves to bill me an extra $60 to renew memberships for 2006. So now they are holding my remaining foals paperwork until I send them payment. I'm not thrilled that they are holding what is paid for when it was actually processed in 2005.

I probably wouldn't have given this much thought had they not sent me a note that came across in the manner it did. Basically written like I'm some kind of non-paying idiot :no: I've been a member with them since I bought first horse in 1997 and never once had an outstanding balance with them. They've owed me credits before but I've not owed them money
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Gotta give AMHA a :aktion033: I calculated wrong when I sent paperwork in. They sent me my finished paperwork along with an invoice stating I overpaid and had a credit balance. I sent in a transfer and they automatically used from the credit balance I had forgotten about :bgrin They didn't charge my account for the paperwork, sent a note saying they used from my balance and stated I still had a credit left.

There is no way that AMHR is checking to see what color..or pattern..the parents are. I have 2 pintaloosas that are full sisters. I purchased them. Their sire is a solid silver bay roan, and their dam is a pintaloosa also, but is registered as an Appaloosa (she has stockings, blaze, and a funny straight edge on her blanket ) . BOTH of my girls are registered as pintos!! What a mess! In the future, if they should have pintaloosa foals, I am going to add something to their names to denote that they are pintaloosa, regardless of what AMHR puts on their papers.

Mashin, you didn't have your prefix registered?

Latest posts

Back