Got Guinea Pigs?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mininik

Reaction score
I just adopted a five month old, male, pink eyed white Abbyruvian Guinea Pig. I'm not sure, but I think I'm going to call him Tribble. He's okay with being held, but isn't very outgoing yet. He did pur for me last night a couple times. I'll try to post a picture later on, but for now I wanted to see who else has Guinea Pigs here. I owned my first, a black, male, Peruvian named Otis, years ago.

[SIZE=8pt]*waves hand wildly*[/SIZE] ME!ME!!

I have SIX piggies- four girls and two guys (I do NOT breed- the guys live alone!
default_laugh.png
) The girls live in a 2X5 C&C cage while the guys have smaller individual cages.

"Pumpkin" tan brindle shorthair sow

"Butter" Calico (for want of a better word!" Abbysinian sow

"Zumi"- tan and white Abby sow

"Zoe" tri color Abby sow

"Patches" tri color Silkie boar

"Squiggy" tan and white Texel? boar

They are hysterical to watch, they squeak when I come hime, get up, open the fridge, you name it!

Most of mine would prefer NOT to be held. The guys don't fuss as much as the girls do, it's a right hassle trying to catch the girls!

I grew up with Guinea Pigs! My Mom used to breed them, so we always had them around when we were quite young.

My first pig that I remember was named Alf.

Then I didn't have any for years until about 4 or 5 years ago, when I bought 2....Penny & Pippa. Pippa unfortunately had a stroke after I had her about a year and died. Penny just passed away in December. I sure miss Penny.....so do my puppies, especially Jane. The 2 of them used to 'play' together
default_wub.png

~kathryn

I have 1 pig, Bandit, who is about 2 years old. (female) And before her I had another named Flower.

I have 3 piggy girls!!! Patty, Trixy and Cindy Lou! I LOVE my girls! I got them from a guy who rescued them off Craigslist. He just gave them to me and two cages! He had a few more but three was plenty to adopt!

Leya

I GOTS A PIG!!!

He is a White pig. i love him. His name is Zan. Our School used to breed Guinea Pigs, and my freshman year i took two home for over the summer, well one never went back! he i living the life! He has a Two Story Cage. lol. He's awsome, and the noises they make are so cute! They are on of my favorate Pocket Pets.

default_saludando.gif
I have 12 at the moment! One of my favorite types of pets! Be sure your boy gets lots of vitamin C. They love Parsely and Spinnach. I LOVE my pigs!!
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
Hi! Sorry I'm a bit late on this thread. But had to join in! Well... It all started this December. We got 2 full grown males (off Craigs's list).... Some one gave them to me cage's and everything for free. It was for my youngest who just turned 9 for Christmas. These guys were not real tame. We ended up finding them a new home and found a person that raises them and had a litter of 4. We took the 2 girls.... and the lady brought them here and gave us one for free......arh! it's a boy... They are ALL very cute...... I need to take pictures of them. The boy is really wildly marked....he's very neat..... his name's Reggie. The 2 girls Casey & Rooster (Rooster is LONG haired and has like rooster tails on her but, thus the name Rooster).... They are so so tame. The girls live in a kids plastic swimming pool and have a big area in there.... and then Reggie has 2 regular Guinine Pig cages (the ends opened up so it connects and makes one long cage)..... They are quite messing things though. The kids like to hold them and then there's Guinea Pig droppings EVERY WHERE! arh! So lots of cleaning up after them! loL! They are very adorable.... They are for my kids to take care of... Hopefully they will not loose interest or will have to rehome these guys. My youngest also has THEE cutest little Winter White dwarf hamster that is very tame and in just thee cutest little guy...

I have 2 house cats that like the Guinea Pigs and the one cat, Jimmy, he's thinks he's a "cool" cat.... loves to lay in the swimming pool with the pigs....... the pigs really do not mind him at all.... the cats are very good with the pigs...

:(Rooster is LONG haired and has like rooster tails on her but, thus the name Rooster).... They are so so tame.
I believe that these are bred for specifically. People did selective breeding with Abbysinian pigs and Peruvian pigs. They call them "roosters" because they have those crazy rooster tails that stick up in the back. Cute huh?
default_wub.png

Congratulations! I used to raise guinea's. I do miss their happy squeels. If you think about the parallels between minis and guinea's its quite interesting. Ours got so spoiled that every time someone opened the fridge it sounded like some weird alarm going off as a chorus of squeels rang thru the house.

The only thing I do not miss is cleaning those cages every day!!

Latest posts

Back