Latest Finn pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taz

Reaction score
Hi Holly, as requested here are a couple pictures I took of Finn tonight. Please forgive how bad they are, I take horrible pictures with my phone, it has a really long delay. He's starting to lose baby fuzz and he's coming in black as expected but he has the same white roaning in the black that his dad has. I'm wondering if he's going to turn out to be pintaloosa as well. I'll probably have to wait till spring when he sheds out to know. His tan nose is almost all black now, just a it more to go on the front. He's a real chunk, very layed back, he spends most of his time eating and sleeping.
IMG_20200903_175634.jpg
IMG_20200903_180444.jpg He isn't this butt high, it's where he was standing, waiting for dinner of course. All 6 pellets of it but he takes it very seriously.
IMG_20200903_180512.jpg

Hi Holly, as requested here are a couple pictures I took of Finn tonight. Please forgive how bad they are, I take horrible pictures with my phone, it has a really long delay. He's starting to lose baby fuzz and he's coming in black as expected but he has the same white roaning in the black that his dad has. I'm wondering if he's going to turn out to be pintaloosa as well. I'll probably have to wait till spring when he sheds out to know. His tan nose is almost all black now, just a it more to go on the front. He's a real chunk, very layed back, he spends most of his time eating and sleeping.
View attachment 42219
View attachment 42220 He isn't this butt high, it's where he was standing, waiting for dinner of course. All 6 pellets of it but he takes it very seriously.
View attachment 42221
Oh Taz, Is he ever darling!!!! What a sweet baby!!

Reactions: Taz
I had a friend bring her kids(5 and 1) to see him a couple of days ago. He's not halter broke yet but he came out of the paddock on his own with mom talking to him, followed me over to them and stood there being patted and scratched then quietly walked back into the paddock with me. He is such a wonderful little guy!!

I don't know how I missed this thread! Finn is ADORABLE!!!!

Sterling is still shedding his baby fuzz. He is going to be clone of Sally except Sally has more Appy traits. He loves being cuddled and brushed. I need to start halter training him too. He is a very well-behaved boy, and Sally is a great mom.MVIMG_20200906_084943.jpgMVIMG_20200906_084540.jpgMVIMG_20200906_084951.jpg

Thanks all! He is much cuter in person. I wish I could upload a video. He is so animated.
He is a cutie, but I know what you mean. It is hard to photograph horses! Especially a youngster on the move. Rocko is so curious so everytime I start to focus he comes up and puts his nose on my phone and I have to get him to back up. I notice that some good shots I see it looks like the person has crouched down in front of the horse. If anyone on here has some tips for taking good photos of our littles please let us know!

Well, if you want to get a good shot, where nothing is out of proportion, you need to be on their level, so that means kneeling. You will also get your best shots with the horse from the side, or more to the side than the front if you want him/her to look in proportion. If your subject is moving, a fast shutter speed and taking pictures as fast as your camera will let you, one right after the other, improves your chances of getting a decent shot. The camera on my phone isn't good enough to get action shots. Oh, and time of day makes a big difference, the mid/late morning and late afternoon/early evening is when the light is best. The rest of the time the shadows are too much or the light too harsh. My husband's an amateur photographer, and these are some of the things he's told me. To get ears up, try a dog toy squeaker, or an empty snack bag to crinkle.

Latest posts

Back