Good Bye, Daylight Savings Time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyn_j

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Sanny.... I feel the Seasonal Affective Disorder creeping into my window!!!! HELP!!!!! That is why I so dislike winter![/SIZE]

Lyn

I use to feel that way every winter when we lived in the rainier part of our state. Very cold and wet and dreary all winter and spring so we moved and love it now. Was just there in that part of the state today and it was all of those things PLUS high winds. I drove back home to beautiful blue skies and sunshine and only three hours away.
smile.gif

By the way, when do we change our clocks back? I could use the extra hour of sleep.
yes.gif

Yes, our clocks fall back this w/end (Tonight if I remember
biggrin.gif
) So, here comes Winter, even if I am still doing the work dressed in a T-shirt!!!
smile.gif

Oh, I'm actually looking forward to it! An extra hour's sleep and I'm such a morning person. Usually I wake up around 4am, so now it will be light earlier. I love the fall, and the winter... I feel so peaceful when it snows. I love being snowed in (so long as we and the horses have plenty of food!). A lot of times if I have trouble sleeping at night, I imagine it's all snowy outside and it relaxes me.

snowgirl.gif

How do you get an extra hours sleep?
wacko.gif
I hate this thing!
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
thumbdown.gif
I'll never understand just WHY they do this. I like this time!!!!

Well, at least you guys know the rest of your state is on the same time!

In Indiana we do NOT change our clocks, but it looks like we will beginning 2006

Do you have any idea how hard it is to travel? I always have to try and remember, WHO is at what time. I travel to meetings and shows out of state.

The first thing I have to do is figure time, and then remember if I figured the time on our time zone our theirs!
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
For 6 months, when I go to Ohio or KY, I have to keep reminding myself, theyare an hour ahead. NOW, I have to adjust again as we will be on the same time. Why do I have to adjust, I'm not switching times!!!!

Then, if I travel to different area in Indian, it is also a different time depending on time of year. South does one thing, us here stay the same and the northern part does another.

I'm thinking that is their way to get more than 24 hours out of a day!!!

If you're confused with it all, try living here!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

I saw this morning on T.V. they change the time for financial reasons. Lighting for businesses, and in the spring when we have more daylight people spend more money shopping. Go figure!

I agree Jill...I am all about winterand Fall
aktion033.gif
. I live in the south now but have lived in a snowy state and boy do I miss the snow. Fall and winter are my favorite times of the year. I wish we got snow here but it just doesnt happen with warm temps
no.gif

I ignore the time,hardley ever look at a clock so the time change has no effect on me really.I like Fall so much Even my house resembles Fall with each room painted a brilliant color of:pumkin Orange:forest green:Hot fudge Brown:Tomato Red:Golden straw yellow:Mettallic Gold.

Deep burgandies lots of jewel tones, now add a crackling fire to that and dont you just feel all cozy. I Love it
biggrin.gif
I Even paint my ceilings,its like living in santas work shop.

So come on Ya'll...Dont let an hour shift ruin your mood for several months. Lifes to short for that.

Start Christmas shopping early That'll cheer you up.
wink.gif
yes.gif

A lot of times if I have trouble sleeping at night, I imagine it's all snowy outside and it relaxes me.
GASP!! all I can think of is all the shovelling I will have to do when I get up! Hateithateithateit!

no.gif
Boooohooooo. I hate going back to regular time. I wish we could stay on daylights savings all year long. I did hear that daylight savings time will be extended in future years.

You're right, Karen. Starting in 2007, the U.S. is extending DST by two weeks, I think, at each end. Ontario is the only province, so far anyway, to do the same thing. Not sure what that'll be like, really.

I don't know what happened to my original post at the start of this thread. I don't see it on here.

Sunny said:
I don't know what happened to my original post at the start of this thread.  I don't see it on here.
492034[/snapback]

It got swallowed by the darkness!
ohmy.gif

I don't generally mind Daylight Savings Time ending, it just gets dark so early, but then again, starting in December the days start LENGTHENING again, and that is always nice!! Less than two months now til that starts, yay!!
smile.gif

CAM said:
I use to feel that way every winter when we lived in the rainier part of our state. Very cold and wet and dreary all winter and spring so we moved and love it now. Was just there in that part of the state today and it was all of those things PLUS high winds. I drove back home to beautiful blue skies and sunshine and only three hours away. 
smile.gif
Good thing there's an Oregon for everyone! I wouldn't trade the lush green and the fantastic gardening climate of western Oregon for anything...and after a dry summer, I relish the rain. (And I bought some nice, all-purpose boots that are as comfy as slippers, so even the muddy corral doesn't bother me!)

I love our gray skies, but the shorter days do get me, and that's the same on either side of the Cascades. I can't wait until the days start getting longer again...I love when I can garden until 10:00pm.

I HATE STANDARD TIME! I hate it!
frusty.gif
frusty.gif

Yeah, right when we switch for about 2 weeks suddenly we awaken to some light, and it looks like a good idea. But then soon it no longer works again and we awaken to darkness, and come home from work to darkness. I hate darkness at 4:45 PM! Add to this the S***ty Willamette Valley Oregon Weather here... Fog... Rain... day after day...Yuck. My folks have a place in Yuma, AZ to escape to. Snowbirds!

Seriously though, I have learned that the change can throw me into a funk for a while. I have one of those SAD lights but it doesn't seem to do much. I always celebrate the winter solstice. What is it, December 22nd or something like that? Days get longer again after that!

I'm going to try taking more Vitamin D (the "sunshine vitamin") and see if it helps this year.

Daryl

But just think, starting around December 20-21, the days begin to get longer! Gotta think positive!!!

I wish we got snow here but it just doesnt happen with warm temps 
OK Wishful, I'm gonna make your wishes come true! You can HAVE all my SNOW!! Except for December 24 and 25. The rest is YOURS!! Please come and pick up promptly. Thank you for doing business with Michigan!

Latest posts

Back