Glitter - angel colt 4/21

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes please - a picture update would be great!
default_yes.gif

New photo's taken yesterday, which i'm so glad I did as it's freezing here today !

Glitter's been running and rolling like a 2 yr old today, trotting about and really having fun
default_smile.png

glitter 31-3-21013 002.jpg

glitter 31-3-21013 005.jpg

glitter 31-3-21013 004.jpg

glitter 31-3-21013 006.jpg

glitter 31-3-21013 001.jpg

Thankyou Eagle for info on updating headings - like others, i'm not brilliant with computers !!

Upto date photo's taken today, still not much of a bag as such, but some filling going on !

she's been running and rolling for the last few days but the sun has been shining.

glitter 8-4-2013 ted & belle 007.jpg

glitter 8-4-2013 ted & belle 008.jpg

glitter 8-4-2013 ted & belle 010.jpg

glitter 8-4-2013 ted & belle 012.jpg

glitter 8-4-2013 ted & belle 013.jpg

Judy are you 100% sure on the breeding dates? I can't remember if you said whether they were pasture bred. 345 days and no udder is "udder madness"

Oh and that fluffy tummy is adorable
default_smile.png

Yes - Glitter was pasture bred Renee, breeder didn't see her come into season in May but definately saw some 'action' in April, so we took the last day of April as a 'date' to calculate from, we could be wrong and I could have at least 2/3 weeks to wait !!

Do many mares foal without a bag ?

Fluffy tummy is driving me mad but it's still too cold to clip it all off.

Hi Judy - yes the weather has been gorgeously sunny for us too, but that bitter freezing wind has been almost too much for my old bones!!

Glitter is looking good, nice tummy - even looks as though it might be moving forwards a little - hooha looking longer, but udder is certainly a bit of a disappointment!! Perhaps she is a mare who will 'fill up' at the last minute or even as she foals? But she is looking closer in all other respects, well to me anyway!

To me too! I just love her pictures! It looks like you've covered her in a furry rug that's hanging over her smoothly clipped sides!! So cute!

Mares can safely foal with not much udder, or even no udder. At foaling/immediately afterward, they will normally fill, and with baby nursing the milk will come in. What I would do, is if all the signs are saying go -- and she still has no udder -- just call your vet to give him a head-up that you may have a mare foaling with no milk. A shot can bring it in -- but usually just the act of foaling gets things going!

We to have the bitter easterly winds Anna, daytime temps are getting better but the wind chill is terrible and i'm with you on the 'too much for my old bones' !!

Disappointment is an understatement ! I really think we have the dates wrong and she has another 2/3 weeks to go.

Have been watching her at night on the CCTV camera, I know what she will be doing at a certain times - had to go out last Saturday, had my neighbour come in at 10pm to check on her, gave him instructions - if she's doing this, this and this that's ok, anything else RING ME !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Judy - yes the weather has been gorgeously sunny for us too, but that bitter freezing wind has been almost too much for my old bones!!

Glitter is looking good, nice tummy - even looks as though it might be moving forwards a little - hooha looking longer, but udder is certainly a bit of a disappointment!! Perhaps she is a mare who will 'fill up' at the last minute or even as she foals? But she is looking closer in all other respects, well to me anyway!

thanks for the 'udder info' makes me feel better and I will call my Vet, she has been showing some signs - a nip at her belly and I have my jeans back on so fast and then she goes back to eating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me too! I just love her pictures! It looks like you've covered her in a furry rug that's hanging over her smoothly clipped sides!! So cute!

Mares can safely foal with not much udder, or even no udder. At foaling/immediately afterward, they will normally fill, and with baby nursing the milk will come in. What I would do, is if all the signs are saying go -- and she still has no udder -- just call your vet to give him a head-up that you may have a mare foaling with no milk. A shot can bring it in -- but usually just the act of foaling gets things going!

Glitter and Missy could be related. My mare is also at 346 today and that is confirmed, and no udder. I too can finally see *something*, udder isn't as drawn up, and it is bitter cold and windy with wind warnings here. Been that way for 4 days, with sunny and 70's before that so it is a hard change. Missy is shedding like crazy, she has a foaling history and bags up 1 to 4 weeks ahead. But she has nothing and it worries me. No other changes like your mare. We can chew nails and wonder together! Diane, that is good advice, and I will call my vet too, she knows Missy's diet and all. Just glad to see someone else to commiserate with.

Well i'm certainly chewing nails and nice to have someone in the same boat as me !

Glitter is also shedding like crazy - maybe that's a 'sign' .

With Missy confirmed maybe Glitter's dates are correct and they're just holding onto them foals until the weather picks up again, our temperatures are supposed to be better this weekend, so maybe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glitter and Missy could be related. My mare is also at 346 today and that is confirmed, and no udder. I too can finally see *something*, udder isn't as drawn up, and it is bitter cold and windy with wind warnings here. Been that way for 4 days, with sunny and 70's before that so it is a hard change. Missy is shedding like crazy, she has a foaling history and bags up 1 to 4 weeks ahead. But she has nothing and it worries me. No other changes like your mare. We can chew nails and wonder together! Diane, that is good advice, and I will call my vet too, she knows Missy's diet and all. Just glad to see someone else to commiserate with.

I sure hope so! It is really miserable here. Maybe that's why she is so grumpy and throwing food. I just want it over, I bet she does too lol!

Glitter never seems to stop eating, my 6yr old grandson told her this evening ' stop eating and push that baby out'
default_please.gif

A little improvement in the udder department but nothing to shout about.

I sure hope so! It is really miserable here. Maybe that's why she is so grumpy and throwing food. I just want it over, I bet she does too lol!

Maybe with the cold weather at last leaving us, she will make up her mind to show us her little one?

Well, we had a dash of sunshine and no wind. Now the wind has picked up again and its really cold again! I hate this!

weather has improved at last and so has Glitter, we have the beginnings of a bag !!!!

Lots of rolling going on today too !

glitter 15-4-2013 002.jpg

glitter 15-4-2013 004.jpg

glitter 15-4-2013 003.jpg

glitter 15-4-2013 005.jpg

glitter 15-4-2013 010.jpg

clipped belly 001.jpg

clipped belly 002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No! No you have to wait, no fair lol! I woke up to snow!
default_thumbup.gif
Glitter!

Missy is the same, I can't wait actually to see the little package Glitter is hiding. Hope she foals in the next 24 hours for you. We just musent have both foaling at the same time. Need to concentrate on one at a time and give each mama their individual time in the spotlight
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back