Glitter - angel colt 4/21

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missy is the same, I can't wait actually to see the little package Glitter is hiding. Hope she foals in the next 24 hours for you. We just musent have both foaling at the same time. Need to concentrate on one at a time and give each mama their individual time in the spotlight
default_smile.png
I can do 24hrs ! 24hrs would be great.
Sorry you have snow Becky, i'll try and send some sunshine for you.

I just love your mare, maybe you'll have a foal tonight I can wait until tomorrow !!!!

Lol, no, no foaling tonight unless mama bags up. Poor baby, her teeny udder has so much HARD edema in front and around it, I very gingerly felt this morning and she is very cooperative, but it feels so hot and hard. Bet it is tender! I don't dare try to get anything out to test. We went around and around with that last time. I was new to foaling and always overdue things, and she had a medium bag for over two months! I tried testing her milk for that long too. It took two years for her to trust me near her boobies again lol. Don't blame her!

Glitter is looking great - not long now and we should see what she's been hiding from us!! Have you checked the colour inside her vulva?

I did check last night, only had chance for a quick look as she didn't like me messing, seems a deeper red inside and lighter just on the outer - would that be right ?

I'm so looking forward to this foal, just hope I don't miss the foaling, I have her on cctv and check every 1-2 hours (depending on what she's doing) but the tiredness really catches up with you - or is it my age ! I'm even waking up before my alarm goes off now
default_closedeyes.gif

That colour sounds good - it increases from the inside outwards. But try to keep an eye on it if you can - daily checks - so that if it changes and deepens you will need to be parking yourself right outside her stable or sitting glued to your cctv screen - checking even every hour is not safe when they get that close, heavens, going to the loo is not safe once they get to that point!! LOL!!

When you get to a certain age AnnaC you have to 'go' there's no waiting ! guess i'll be squatting
default_whistling.gif

checked her 'bag' this am and definitely some improvement there and her hooha is the same as yesterday.

That colour sounds good - it increases from the inside outwards. But try to keep an eye on it if you can - daily checks - so that if it changes and deepens you will need to be parking yourself right outside her stable or sitting glued to your cctv screen - checking even every hour is not safe when they get that close, heavens, going to the loo is not safe once they get to that point!! LOL!!

An udder shot from this am - i'm thinking about a week to go ???

glitter udder 17-4-2013 003.jpg

Squatting in stables is a necessary evil during the long nights of camp out - not so good if there are World wide Marewatchers tuned in!!

Love that cute udder - it looks as though it could go 'either way', fill steadily giving you more time, or fill suddenly and catch you unawares LOL!! I would say that she's just progressing beautifully.
default_yes.gif

Oh Renee that made me laugh !

Luckily my foaling stable is only a 2 minute walk from the house and when a mare is down a 1 minute sprint !!!!!!!!!!!!

Glitter foaled last night, a very small cremello angel colt.

checked her at 9.10pm - eating happily, checked again just before 10pm foal out - ran to the barn but he'd passed away.

Head and most of his body were out of the sac (as you looked at him) but sac still around him where he lay.

Glitter's doing ok, vet's been and put her on anti-biotics as a precaution, he's checked the placenta and everything and couldn't find anything wrong.

A very sad, sad day for us.

I'm so sorry for your loss, my heart truly goes out to you. Sometimes it seems there is not rhyme or reason to it. I'm relieved that Glitter is doing well, my thoughts and prayers are with you today.

I am so terribly sorry. Poor Glitter
default_sad.png
please leave the foal with her to give her time to grieve.

Latest posts

Back