Glitter - angel colt 4/21

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teng

Reaction score
attachicon.gif
glitter 3-3-2013 001.jpgHi everyone

just wanted to post about my mare due around 15th March (320 days), she's not a maiden, this will be her 3rd foal but her first with me.

she's been stamping her feet and had a good roll this morning !

any advise would be great from you experienced ladies
default_please.gif
attachicon.gif
glitter 3-3-2013 005.jpg
attachicon.gif
glitter 3-3-2013 006.jpg
attachicon.gif
glitter 3-3-2013 007.jpg

What did i do wrong with the pictures - i thought they would be under the post - Sorry !!!! but i am new ish !
glitter 3-3-2013 001.jpgHi everyone

just wanted to post about my mare due around 15th March (320 days), she's not a maiden, this will be her 3rd foal but her first with me.

she's been stamping her feet and had a good roll this morning !

any advise would be great from you experienced ladies
default_please.gif
glitter 3-3-2013 005.jpgglitter 3-3-2013 006.jpgglitter 3-3-2013 007.jpg

What did i do wrong with the pictures - i thought they would be under the post - Sorry !!!! but i am new ish !

glitter 4-3-2013 002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...not sure what happened with your pics, but hey at least they're up lol. She's looking good. Do you know at what gestational age she has given birth before? Do you have any pics of the stallion? We'd all love to see them!
default_xbud.gif

sorry don't really know her past gestations.

How do i post his pic ?

Hi and a big welcome to the Nutty Nursery - glad to have you join us. Pretty girl you have there - may we know her name, yours too please!

Perhaps we could also know more about her - size, breeding, how long you have had her - do you have other minis too? Sorry, we are a nosey lot, but love to chat about not only the mares but other animals as well as we wait for these girls to produce their babies.

If you do not own the stallion then you cannot post a picture of him without his present owner's permission, but you can tell us his name, breeding, size etc

Again welcome, do join in with the other threads - there are several mares due to foal any minute - and also feel free to ask any questions, there is no such thing as a silly question here on this forum.

thankyou for the welcome Anna, my name is Judy and my mare's name is Golden Oak Glitter, she's half american half falabella, silver buckskin pinto, 32ins, 8 years old and she's been with me nearly 2 yrs.

Glitter is in foal to Banners Shadow Moon Cruiser, a cremello stallion which a friend of mine owns.

I have 6 minis, 3 american cocker's, chickens, 5 grandsons under 5 and not enough time in the day
default_gaah.gif
and i'm sure there are other ladies out there in the same boat !

WOW!! Judy, that's quite a collection you have there, including the grand 'colts' - no wonder your life is a bit busy! LOL!!

welcome and congrads on your almost here new baby. You have a pretty lil mare there..bet your baby will be nice! Your mare sure is sticking out the sides., I am a newbie but I even noticed the elongated hoo hoo. Guess not long!.

1/2 Falabella? Where are you located? I can't find Golden Oak Glitter in either the AMHA/AMHR stud books. I'm very interested in her Falabella side, for sure!

She looks great. A bit of time before a baby -- as baby isn't in position yet, and is sticking out both sides. That's just fine! I would expect she will continue to do some rolling to get baby in position. Her hooha looks like it's elongating very nicely, and looks soft and a little puffy. All good signs!!

Perhaps you could ask the stallion owner if you could share a photo of daddy. We'd love to see him!!

I love the cream gene -- and it looks like you're in line for another dilute baby -- maybe even a double dliute! About a 30% chance of a Perlino or a Buckskin, 17% chance of a cremello or a Palomino, and 4% of a Smokey Cream or Smokey Black. All beautiful colors -- this will be a beautiful baby!!!
I live in the UK

Glitter's sire is Rio Bella Farms Ima Cowboy (amha) and her dam is Looking Glass Bright Crystal (falabella)

I'll post a photo of the sire when i figure out how to do it - without starting a new thread !

I love the cream gene too, so looking forward to seeing this foal
default_yes.gif

Do you think she may foal around 320 days ? more rolling again today !

Welcome to the nursery
default_smile.png
You have a very lovely lady there.

Down the bottom on the right next to 'post' is 'more reply options' which will allow you to post more photos.

I'm new to the minis (most of mine are larger Shetlands - some are also B sized minis & after lurking here for a couple of years, I joined) - never realized they sometimes foal with shorter dates than the larger ponies and full size horses - with no problems. This is a great place to learn and also to share your news! Welcome!

AWWWWW - I too love the dilute colors (getting more into the cream genes - REALLY LOVE the Silvers).

Oh boy - can't wait to see your new "bubby" as some in the Nursery call them! SOOOO, no ideas on when she might be due? Did she run out with "the man" or was she hand bred?

HEY - look everyone - this is a short post!!!!!!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif

I agree with Paula, totally love silvers! Which has me wondering, why don't I have one yet!!!!! Time to go shopping me thinks lol

Beautiful! I hadn't noticed mom was carrying pinto genes too -- so you could add a beauitful pinto to all those colors!
Sire is also heterozygous for silver

had a beautiful silver smokey black pinto colt last year, same sire but out of a pintaloosa mare, he also carries one copy of the appaloosa gene, not that he will be able to pass it on - he's gelded and going to his new home soon.

dandini clipped 020.jpg

just taken a quick photo of Glitter - is she still 'round' or do we have a V shape yet ?

when i look at her from a short distance it looks V shape, then, when i get close it looks round
default_frusty.gif

i'm thinking it could be where i have clipped her and my eyes are deceiving me !!

any thoughts please - we're around the 315 days now

AND can someone tell me why they all poop in the field shelter !!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully i'll have a 'full set' of photos on monday - did'nt want to take any too soon - in case there was no difference !

glitter 9-2-2013 002.jpg

Hahaha, most of our mares poop inside too lol. We have two that don't, out of 8! I think I see a V shape there, but it's hard to tell with the fuzz. Seems like she's getting close from the looks of her!!!
default_xreiter.gif

Latest posts

Back