Getting to know each other

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mominis

Reaction score
Many of us know each other pretty well through this forum. There are several people on here who I count as real-life friends as well. I think it would be neat to tell each other 3 facts about ourselves that we may not know. I'll start...

1. I collect vintage horse books (non-fiction)

2. I teach riding lessons as well as dance classes as a sideline occupation

3. I love to cook, especially on a campfire.

Your turn....

Oh this is going to be a very FUN thread!!!
default_yes.gif
(Obviously I love being with my horses, since I joined this forum lol. So these are some things you might not know about me.)

I love photography some of you have seen my page on facebook
default_wub.png

I watch way to many shows on tv I can't keep track of them haha yet I still have plenty of time for my minis
default_rolleyes.gif

I'm going into the Navy after I graduate HS next year and plan to go into Medical.

-Can't wait to see everyone's responses!

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds fun!

1. i LOVE taking videos and photos of horses.

2. i love bonfires and roasting marshmallows.

3. my best and only friend is a horse.

1. I love cooking (especially Thai and Indian)

2. I have an identical twin brother (he's an officer cadet in the Armed Forces)

3. I used to be a model/actor in Toronto (and did fairly well for myself
default_smile.png
)

My turn;

1) In 1994 I had a local Country Music Video Show called "Katie's Country Corner" (Lone Star used to be called Texasee. I knew them back then) and Toby Keith is a sweet hart.

2) I spend way too much time on the computer.

3) I would rather talk to my horse than a person.

1 - I never wear matching socks.

2 - I'm afraid of butterflys.

3 - I want to be a published writer when I "grow up".

1) I used to pride myself in the fact that I didn't watch TV, but I am addicted to the TV show Sons of Anarchy (and counting down to the next season)

2) Im a licensed cosmetologist, I have had every color of hair under the sun, and for my senior prom (geez, that was years ago
default_wacko.png
" I had black and hot pink dread locks in an updo.

3)I love to plan events, such as weddings, birthdays, bridal/birthday showers, etc. Before becoming a cosmetologist I went to school for painting and decorating, and I still enjoy it.

• As much as I love horses, I love our dogs even more
    kiss.gif

• Harvey and I started dating when I was almost 17, which was over 25 years ago.... we got married on an anniversary of our first date
    default_wub.png

• I sorta like some playing some types of video games... good thing I bought an Xbox 360 system "for H"
    blush2.gif

Okay, here are three things about me that you might not know......

1. I have had terrible anxiety my whole life.
  2. I was in competitive gymmnastics for many years.
  3. I have a club foot and short achilles tendon.

Which 3 to pick????????????
default_unsure.png

1) I deal with low self esteem and anxiety.
default_unsure.png

2) I love doing creative things: drawing, planning meals for family-potlucks-etc., planning our clubs demos and booth/stall decorations for horse expo, etc.
default_aktion033.gif

3) I love to curl up and read; anything horsey, dog, pioneer or amish.
default_smile.png

1) I love to travel, or just drive..I love long trips. Sometimes I just take off and drive in my free time as its just relaxing to have some personal time and just the road, radio and I. I do like to travel with my dad, I'm sure years from now I will look back on those trips with my dad and be happy to have those memories. My dad is my best friend..

2) If I got paid for the time or hours I spend weekly doing pony research or studbook lookups, I could make a full time career out of it. I easily clock atleast 40+ hours a week online looking into breeding and bloodlines and farm.

3) I love all sorts of tea's, sweet tea, regular tea, ice tea, hot tea, green tea...any kind of tea. Not big on the berry flavored tea, but love the herbal / honey tea. It is odd if I go a day without drinking some sort of tea - oh and the Arizona brand tea.....yum!

Which 3 to pick????????????
default_unsure.png

1) I deal with low self esteem and anxiety.
default_unsure.png

2) I love doing creative things: drawing, planning meals for family-potlucks-etc., planning our clubs demos and booth/stall decorations for horse expo, etc.
default_aktion033.gif

3) I love to curl up and read; anything horsey, dog, pioneer or amish.
default_smile.png
Have you read any of the Karen Harper books? A lot of them are based around the Amish community.

Hmmm....let me think, I lead a fairly boring life.

1. I love to read, specially mystery/suspense novels and of course horse books.

2. I cry at all animals movies.
default_yes.gif
I am such a sap.

3. I love the water and love to lay in my parents boat while it rocks on the waves and sound of the waves put me to sleep.

3 things you don't know?? hmmm...well I guess that rules out any dog or horse stuff
default_biggrin.png

1) I watch movies and tv shows over, and over, and over, and over again! If I like them once, I like them the next 50 times even better!
default_yes.gif

2) I LOVE video games....just the 'stupid' ones like tetris, solitaire, etc, etc Oh and Guitar Hero!
default_wub.png

3) I love to knit, but don't get much time to do it.....

~kathryn

This is fun!

1. I have been on film a number of times: Extra in the movies Major League and The Penalty Phase, on Romper Room regularly as a kid, but my most fun was an appearance on Jeopardy!

2. While I really like kids (and am a high school teacher), I never felt the desire to reproduce. Good thing I found a husband who felt the same. You'd be surprised how many people (especially our mothers) have trouble with this decision.

3. I love to cook and bake but have real trouble with my weight. Just doesn't seem fair if you ask me, but then no one ever said life was fair either.

Jayne

This is such a cool thread! Love reading about everyone!

1. I have a fish phobia - not scared of snakes or spiders but I HATE fish. I have recurring nightmares about fish.

2. I am a closet "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fan and have been to two conventions - traveled to Chicago and Pennsylvania with my best friend!
default_blush.png

3. I am a horrible procrastinator - but I work really well under pressure!

Barbara

Very neat thread!

1: I have 9 siblings (I am the oldest), though I only grew up with 5 of them.

2: I have hyperthyroidism and am ALWAYS hungry, but I have a small stomach so I eat 4-5 'meals' a day, plus I pack a bunch of snacks for in between. I eat twice as much as my 6' 5" boyfriend-he's gained 40lbs since we started dating 2 years ago
default_whistling.gif
I need to start working on eating healthier, for both of us.

3: I LOVE white tigers and collect white tiger stuffed animals and paintings

I Love this thread!!! 3 things, lets see

1. I love to read - mostly mysteries and biographies, and am a firm believer that my best investment has been my Kindle
default_smile.png

2. I grew up on a Jersey dairy and showed cattle for most of my early life, was very interested in genetics and did all the AI breeding for the farm.

3. I was a Girl Scout leader for 10 years when my daughters were growing up.

Hmmmm??? 3 things????

1: I spend WAY to much time looking at horses and horse stuff online.
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png

2: I do not get along very well with people my age. I get along MUCH better with people older and younger than me.

3: HATES Cop and Investigation shows. Exept "NCIS"!
default_laugh.png

I too really like this thread, very interesting. Lets see three things about me...

1:) I love photographing things, mainly llamas (my horses won't leave me alone when I have the camera out lol.)

2:) I suffer from low self esteem.

3:) I spend far too much time on Facebook or horse websites.

Dan.

Back