getting them in shape?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymiracles

Reaction score
How do you guys work you horses to get them in shape, when they are not trained to drive? I dont want to necessarily work on lunging all the time but would like to get my guys a little more in shape. I can take them on walks but its not really the same exercise as say a good ride where you can work on collection and different training issues, suppleness, and softness to bit etc.

What do you guys do? (and there is lots of snow and bad footing here, and no indoor)snow is melting but that just makes footing worse, any ideas?

I am getting ready for my frist show. So I have been getting my horse in shape. I started at 5 mins and I am now to 30mins a day 5 days a week. I don't have a round pen so I pony my mini while I ride one of my big horses or I take him for golf cart rides. I make him work in three different speeds walk trot and canter. I also go up hills. another thing to think about is your feeding program and the age of your horse and what you are getting them in shape for.
default_wink.png
Brittney

We are also getting some in show shape. They are in the roundpen for 30 minutes 5 days per week. Next week, they will start being trotted through the tall grass, helps to the build the chest muscles.

Latest posts

Back