Gary's Home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Taylor Jo

My husband came home from the hospital last night. He's doing much better today, he's alert sitting up in his hospital bed that I have in the living room. He "say's" he'll get up in a couple of day's. I don't know if he'll be able to or not. When he left the nursing home he went into the hospital and crashed. The mass we thought that went away well it just moved as the Dr did a CT scan. Also, he said the cancer had advanced worse and had spread even more so into the lungs and the medication they had him on wasn't working.

So they put him on two different pills. However, the medication "maybe" approved for "home health" but if he goes on "hospice" then he wouldn't get the medication, so they left him on home health for right now.

The Dr also told me he had a few weeks left and my husband seems to think he's got 2-3 years. Well I'm NOT going to tell him differently. We signed the DNR today, so sad.

Thanks, TJ

Oh my Lord, I'm so terribly sorry. God bless you and your dear hubby. Savor every minute you have together. Don't forget, we will all be together again. Take care. My prayers are with you.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

TJ my thoughts and prayers are with you and Gary. Make every moment you have left with him a memory to cherish. Bless you both and know all of us are here for you!

default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

I can hardly stand to read your posts, they're so sad. Will keep you both in thoughts and prayers.

Keeping you and Gary in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry! Spend every moment you can with Gary. (((HUGS))) to you!

Barbie

I am so sorry.Having gone thru this a year ago, I would also say to talk about all the stuff we don't like to talk about now. I imagine soon he will be on such powerful meds he will be in a semi med induced coma. Find out what he wants done with this etc. You could explain you just want to get it off both of your minds........................

But stick to him like glue and touch him all you can. Because physical contact is what you will miss the most later. I would give all I have to be able to hug Larry just one more time.

If I can be of any help please feel free to call.

Hugs
default_wub.png

Bonnie

I am so sorry TJ
default_sad.png
I was having a strong feeling about you this am so had to come see how Gary is..

Maybe it will be easier on both of you with him at home, no travel etc. here's a (((HUG))) for you and Gary both..

I wish there was something else I could say or do to ease both your pain..

Missy

TJ, I am so sorry. I wish there was something we could do to help, know we are here paraying for you and Gary.

default_no.gif
I am so sorry to here this news. All I can say is spend as much time with him as you can. I used to do Hospice care way back when it was just starting up and sometimes things will happen quicker then you think. It for sure is a roller coaster ride for the caregiver so take care of you too!

I'm so sorry you and your husband are facing this. You are showing so much strength through all this and are truly an inspiration. My thoughts and prayers are with you both
default_wub.png

TJ, I just can't imagine. What's happening is honestly my worst nightmare. I am so sorry. There are not enough words...

Sending prayers for both of you.
default_pray.gif
:pray I am so very saddened to think of what you must be going through at this time.
default_no.gif
(((HUGS)))

Thanks Bonnie and all. I'm really struggling w/ him being home cause I don't have the strenght to move him around and aides are expensive. He's so week we got him up in a chair BUT it took 3 of us and when we went to put him back it was 2 of us and we barely got him back. His SON is mad at me cause I didn't leave him in the nursing home cause I"m having problems, thing is they don't want to pay if I put him back in the nursing home, they don't have to pay. At least for those day's and then it goes to self pay and they just don't seem to get it. So I don't know what the heck to do.

I'm just tired. Hugs, TJ

our hearts and thoughts are with you both. hold strong to one another.

Contact your doctor and/or facility that provides/sells/rents, equipment for moving patients. There are lifts that can be used to assist in these situations. Additionally, have a nurse train you to roll him onto his side to put sheets on bed, harnesses for lifts, etc. I believe that the doctor can authorize such items and your insurance will provide most or all.

My husband was 6'1" and almost 200 #s when I went thru this. I am a great deal smaller and know what you are talking about. The equipment can be pricey but rental isn't, if available. Second hand, church groups, etc., can often help with such needs -- even with people to help. Often the hospitals have a patient assist department to connect you with such items.

I wish you the best and have you in my thoughts and prayers.

TJ, i'm so sorry you are going through this, it is nothing short of the worst nightmare ever. i cared for my gary at home for 2 weeks with hospice nurses coming in every day. i don't know how it is there but here, hospice is an option even when a patient has been given several months to live. i would urge you to contact a hospice facility as they help with everything from pain control to devices that help the caregiver cope with every day issues. hospice nurses are angels on earth, they are the most compassionate people you will ever know and are SO helpful.

the next few weeks will be so very hard on you both physically and emotionally. do spend as much time with him as you possibly can, every second is precious now. lots and lots of touch, even when he does not seem to know you are there. talk to him all you can, too. my hospice nurses told me that even though it seemed gary couldn't hear me, he could and i am convinced of that.

God bless.

Keeping you both close in prayer. Cherish every moment you have left together. Please know there are many out here praying for you.

Back