Fun at Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
Hi, I need some opinions and help in writting a letter to Lenard and miniature committe about 08 National. This is what I have come up with so far and maybe I could get some impute and better ideas from you guys.

Dear Lenard, Congtatulations on another wonderfully put on National Show. As always, first class.

I do have a few hopes and suggestions for next year and ofcourse, do realize that they may not be possible.

Like many others, the Nationals is my vacations and kind of a big pay off for a years worth of work. I just love the fun of it and always come home ready to try to improve.

Liberty night, especially the B liberty used to be the big fun night and it seems like that it has been taken away from us, by putting it so late in the show.

Is there any way that we could have liberty the night after the champion stallion classes, when there is still alot of people around to party with. It is the night we all like to put the food out and have time to just let loose.

Alot of people take the liberty class very serious , and so do I, because it is so fun.

Also concerning the stall decorations. That is my second favorite thing about Nationals. I just love walking around and looking and looking. The work that farms put into this is amazing. There is supposed to be an award for the winner, but I never have seen who won.

I feel that every farm should be given a number and that can be displayed on their stalls and then the public should get forms from office and should vote on winners. It should be announced once in awhile to pick up your form and be sure to vote.

I think there should be two awards one for the COOLEST stalls and one for the FRIENDLIEST stalls. They should be HUGE trophy awards and HUGE RIBBON awards and they should be awarded or announced early in the show so it can be displayed. The Lucky Hart Ranch would be proud to donate the awards and trophies.

I don't know if any of this is possible, but if you have any beter ideas I would appreciate your advise and then will send my handwitten letter to Lenard and the miniature committe members. I figure it can't hurt to ask.

PS. I sure think that I know who should have gotten a big Trophy this past year. Renee

Renee,

I noticed the same thing about the Liberty, while it was still fun, just not the "same" as everyone up dancing, and having a good time.

Me and Vickie debating on bringing (if there was a way to, up the steps) our machine to get things going.....but then I figured there would be some who might not like it, so we opted not to.

But I agree it used to be so much fun and just a place to go release your stress and worries from the show.

We're open to any and all at our stalls and enjoy talking horses, visiting, a good chat, a card game, shooting the bull, eating, whatever......we have a new design for the stalls in mind to keep some from maybe getting offended if anyone did.

We meet so many people each year, new and old........one of the best things about Nationals is the people.

Erica, Your stall decorations just boggled my brain. I must have walked back and forth twenty times just to be sure I didn't miss anything. It just said, " Come on in and take a load off." How could anyone be offended when you say" Howdy parnder." Can't wait until next year, to see what you come up with. I gotta ask, did you win the award, if there is one?

Nope, Renee

But we sure had a great time at Nationals. It's my favorite time of year
default_aktion033.gif

ps......can't wait to see what your darling daughter is working on right now
default_ohnoes.jpg

I agree, the people at R Nationals really enhance the show, it is like a family reunion each year and I look forward to seeing people that I only see then. Liberty night is always a fun night but I do see a difference since it is later in the show. Plus, I'm getting old and we need some new young blood to carry the torch, Oh Erica!

Lets face it, we are in tear down mode by that time and all are exhausted and thinking about going home.

I think your idea should be proposed and see how many others feel the same about it.

As far as the stall decorating, I have no idea who wins it. I dont do the big decorations, but some really go all out and if in fact their still is such an award, they deserve it. The judging system you described is a good one.

Erica, BTW, LOVE LOVE LOVE, the watering hole. Not only was there always a refreshment to be had but even if you just were passing by, there was always a smile and a hello from whoever was sitting there.

I agree...would LOVE to see Liberty moved back into the middle of the week...its such a fun evening for the exhibitors, spectators and even the horses have a good time out there!

The stall decorations were incredible. HEY...WE will DONATE a H-U-G-E trophy if you want to add that to your letter! We'll even deliver it too!
default_smile.png
default_aktion033.gif

WOW WOW WOW DELIVERY IS ALWAYS A PROBLEM. Do you think we want to have two tropies. Some stalls aren't as elaborate as others but the people are just so nice that you want visit and to buy a horse from them. Or do you think it should just be that WHEN you vote you it should be 50% COOL and 50% FRIENDLY.

If they let us do something, I would spring for Ribbons that would stretch all the way across the stalls if I can find them. BIG PURPLE ONES

Lots of thing to think about. Like who gets to vote. I think that it should be anyone than can write their name, any age.. Especially people off the street. If gets them envolved and there are alot of people that are just thinking about getting in to miniatures and come to visit. Also encourages peole to get out of there own barn. Any thoughts.

I really like both of your suggestions.

Over Division Liberty night used to be one of the highlights of the show for me. I liked watching the horses, but most of all was pleasantly surprised at how friendly and social the crowd is/was. This year, I didn't even stay for it!

My guess is that the liberty classes were moved to the end of the show to perhaps discourage the number of entries since that class can be HUGE, but if that was the reason, then maybe we need to think about a different way to accomplish that yet still get the camaraderie that the liberty nights used to facilitate.

And for stall decorations, I never know who wins, but would sure like too! It would be nice to know early enough that I could still go check them out if I hadn't had a chance to see them yet.

They should hold their Grand Championships on the last day, like Worlds. Put the two Liberty classes earlier in the week. We SO wanted to show Liberty B put ran out of steam by that time....

Me and Vickie debating on bringing (if there was a way to, up the steps) our machine to get things going.....but then I figured there would be some who might not like it, so we opted not to.
Erica, there IS an elevator down on the far end of the arena. You do have to go through the sales area to get to it.
default_biggrin.png

Lucy

Liberty is always so fun, except us old folk or at least some of us can't last the whole night. I like it being the whole evening session. Putting it at the end of the show didn't help reduce the entries. Wasn't there 74 in under? We didn't stay for the over because it was Saturday and we had to get home. It is so great when a group goes out to do the entertainment. This sets us apart from other registeries. You can be serious and have fun also. It would be nice to have the stall decoration awards known early on. Some are reallly fun IE: the watering hole.

Keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Back