Fox news is no better than the lying trash tabloids...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If ANYBODY is going to take that Red Eye show seriously then some people have a problem/. It is after all 2AM CDT when it comes on and done by to gays. Just thought I would present the true facts of things.

If ANYBODY is going to take that Red Eye show seriously then some people have a problem/. It is after all 2AM CDT when it comes on and done by to gays. Just thought I would present the true facts of things.

What the heck do T-W-O gays have to do with anything
default_wacko.png
Maybe you have the problem...

Last edited by a moderator:

No wonder I've never heard of this guy. I'm sound asleep at 2 in the morning. I'm sure you see and hear a lot at that time of the morning that you would not see during normal hours of tv. All the kooks are on then from what I hear. I just don't know.

So I guess the MAJORITY of Canadians all have a "problem". Guess you didn't bother informing yourself just how many Canadians were furious and how our government contacted Fox and asked for an apology or how our Prime Minister contacted your President. Oh I know it's just us Canadians, not important, no problem insulting us, we should just take it. For a country that is trying to salvage it's reputation internationally THIS kind of crap is doing the total opposite. You are sadly miss-informed if you think this didn't cause an uproar here in Canada and that it's only a few of us on this forum that are upset.

Being gay or straight has nothing to do with the individuals on Fox spewing this garbage. If I was gay I would be extremely insulted by your prejudice comment. I believe we have a couple of lesbian members on this forum and I am sure they aren't impressed either.

I am done with this topic and I truly feel sorry for those that "just don't get it".

Wow that is about as offensive as the comments made on the show in the first place
default_rolleyes.gif

minifancier... Greg and his cohorts were SERIOUSLY offbase with those military remarks (and just lame and predictable with the rest of it). What true facts are you trying to present to excuse that? So everyone who was annoyed by their tasteless and clueless comments that were supposed to be hilarious "has a problem"?

Like... all of Canada. Okey-doke. Duly noted.
default_unsure.png

Wait a minute - Greg Gutfeld is gay? Well, that will be news to him... and his wife. He isn't. Not that it matters.

And what would that have to do with anything, anyway??!!

I will just have to adjust my warped, admittedly edgy sense of humour I guess... this is supposed to be funny and mock-worthy...

w-cdn-casket-cp-584-6349483.jpg

[SIZE=8pt]I'm not laughing. [/SIZE]

Well, now... I was right there with you for a split second!!!
confused0059.gif

You all keep bringing up your dead soldiers and that is of course no laughing matter. However, dead soldiers had nothing to do with the clip you all are so excited about
indifferent0014.gif

Additionally, Canadians, you are really not a part of this particular show's target audience
rolleye0014.gif

Okay, so now Canadians aren't supposed to be upset by this show because they weren't supposed to be watching it in the first place??
default_wacko.png

Oh my.

The clip was putting down the Canadian military....our dead soldiers are part of that military...therefore the two things are related.

but, it's after 2 am and even though I am not gay I guess the time frame probably makes my comments worthless, according to minifancier.
default_rolleyes.gif

That's really not what I meant, but it does seem like there's a group that goes out of its way to find things to be offended by. Like I said before, being surprised a show like that airs material that may be offensive to some is like being surprised the Jerry Springer Show is full of rednecks. But, whatever. I'm happy that I'm not offended by the show (I actually like it sometimes) and that I'm not upset by these threads
default_smile.png

Additionally, Canadians, you are really not a part of this particular show's target audience
HUH? So let me get this straight (as opposed to gay of course
default_wink.png
) - it is okay to sneer like that as long as those you are sneering about may not be watching??

Ummm... Canadians have satellite reception too, you know. Even in Tuktoyaktuk.

And... the INTERNET. Surprising, I know. Imagine - such a pathetic country with a laughable military force that has apparently done nothing of consequence actually has modern technology!!
default_wink.png

We keep bringing up "dead soldiers" as you put it (they are such an inconvenience in this discussion
default_unsure.png
) as they happened to serve with the military that Greg & Co. found so unworthy and were so contemptuous of. Helping their allies. As requested.

But it seems that Faux Gnus is allowed to say and do whatever they want - and there is no end to the excuses that make it all just peachy-keen.
moodswingf.gif

That's really not what I meant, but it does seem like there's a group that goes out of its way to find things to be offended by. Like I said before, being surprised a show like that airs material that may be offensive to some is like being surprised the Jerry Springer Show is full of rednecks. But, whatever. I'm happy that I'm not offended by the show (I actually like it sometimes) and that I'm not upset by these threads

Wow Jill - that's a pretty flip thing to say.

"A group" that goes out of its way to find things to be offended by?

Define that group as you see it. There's likely about 20 million of the poor pathetic creatures that you seem to have disdain for. This forum is but a teeny tiny sampling of what goes on Out There. And my friends and neighbours here - proud Americans - are also disgusted.

If you actually read any of my earlier posts, (I'll repeat myself) you should have noted that I said I watched Red Eye upon occasion. IF there is a somewhat interesting guest. Greg is rarely screamingly funny and usually just rather lame. I have never been offended by his boorish antics and fifth grade jokes (with apologies to fifth graders). I just consider the source. I have cringed a few times at things he has said that were a bit over the top. I have a warped sense of humour and laugh at stuff many people do not care for... but when Greg's smirking, smug panel started in on the military and demonstrated their arrogance amd ignorance - they crossed the line. I know they did not give a rip - but they dipped past lame satire and became offensive and insulting - and not in a funny ha ha way. Unless, of course, those who gave their lives in service to their country AND ITS ALLIES tickle your funny bone.

hahanosmiley-1.gif

By the way... flag-draped coffins have ALWAYS been shown in Canada.

They were never quietly kept from the public's view.

475_combat_deaths_080213.jpg

Wow Jill - that's a pretty flip thing to say.
"A group" that goes out of its way to find things to be offended by?
Yes. Based on many threads over the past year or so, I do think there are some resident drama queens and pot stirrers.

The bottom line is I feel one way about the clip, almost everyone else -- if not everyone else -- that bothered to reply on this thread feels another way. Yet, I would bet more people watch Red Eye than read this thread! While I did happen to be up in the middle of the night, it's not due to this thread. It feels kind of pointless to keep going around and around the same bush. I didn't mind the clip and laughed at part of it. You were offended by the clip and read things into it that I did not / do not. My "Last Word" -- What else is there really to say?

Yes. Based on many threads over the past year or so, I do think there are some resident drama queens and pot stirrers.
Jill - that was not my point. It is not just people in this thread that were disgusted by that nonsense - I could link you to an assortment of Canadian telecasts and commentary that would show you that but it is pointless. You will not deign to look at them. And it is not just Canadians who found that offensive. Even the right wing afternoon radio talk show host here was POed about the arrogance that was on display.

Let's see....

How many political threads have I started just to stir the pot and fan the flames as many have done - all those faux incendiary emails that circulated during the campaign come to mind... ummmm.... that would be... none. Zero. Zilch.

Oh - I do not deny that some like to start things up and push buttons - you seem to take great pride in doing so
default_wink.png
... but speaking only for myself - I have never done that. I may reply TO something... and then carry on from there. Guilty as charged in that case. But even then - I have never called people names or insulted them or told them to shut up and that their opinions were unimportant, ridiculous and unwanted - as happened many times in those threads. Not once.

So I will graciously pass the drama queen tiara and pot-stirrer sash on to more worthy recipients...
default_laugh.png

... and I do not consider speaking up for The Fallen to be drama queenish or pot-stirring.
sigh.gif

It feels kind of pointless to keep going around and around the same bush" -- What else is there really to say?

This I agree with totally. I should have stayed out of it as well but I have to admit that comment by minifancier sort of took me off guard - And I do see Jill's point it is no different really then someone being offended by anything on TV. Some are very tasteless to some and others find it funny. We are all different that is one reason there is so much to choose from on TV and thankfully we all can change the channel.

Well ratings don't lie, FOX is number one for a good reason.

CNN's weekday prime-time ratings are relatively flat compared to last year during the primary campaign, up 1 percent from March 2008, according to Nielsen Media Research. Fox's ratings have jumped 30 percent and MSNBC, the new No. 2, is up 24 percent. The biggest growth in cable news is for CNN's partner, HLN, formerly Headline News, which is up 62 percent.
Fox remains on a mountain above its two closest competitors, with its prime-time audience in March more than that of MSNBC and CNN combined. "The O'Reilly Factor" has done particularly well, keeping more of its postelection audience than anything else on CNN and MSNBC.

Through Wednesday, Fox was averaging 2.73 million prime-time viewers in March. MSNBC had 1.16 million and CNN had 1.14 million. The March ratings period ends Friday, and it's doubtful CNN will be able to overcome MSNBC.
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=359...fid=100055&

I ♥ Fox News -- the other two major sources combined don't even have as many viewers. We poll here on LB a few months ago, revealing much the same degree of popularity
default_smile.png

Oh, yes. Faux Noise and their Stalker Journalism.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/03/23/watters-ambush/

– The Stalking: Watters and his camera man accosted me at approximately 3:45 p.m. on Saturday, March 21, in Winchester, VA, which is a two-hour drive from Washington, DC. My friend and I were in this small town for a short weekend vacation and had told no one about where we were going. I can only infer that the two men staked out my apartment and then followed me for two hours. Looking back, my friend and I remember seeing their tan SUV following us for much of the trip.
– The Ambush: Shortly after checking into our lodgings, we emerged and immediately saw two men walking toward us calling out my name. Watters said he was from Fox News, but never said his or his companion’s name, nor did he say he was with The O’Reilly Factor.

– The Surprise Attack: Watters immediately began asking me why I was causing “pain and suffering” to the Alexa Foundation. He never gave me the context for his questions. Confused, I repeatedly asked him what he was talking about and whether he could refresh my memory, but he just continued shouting his question.

– The Evasion: I said that it was inappropriate for O’Reilly to imply that just because a woman may be drunk and/or dressed in a certain way, she should expect to be raped. Watters asked me whether I had listened to the interview (which I had) and claimed that O’Reilly had made the comments in the context of a commentary on Mel Gibson/drunkenness. When I tried to ascertain why he was attacking ThinkProgress in particular — even though other sites had also covered the story — he said that we were part of the “smear pipeline,” which also included the “Soros-funded” Media Matters. He ignored my comments when I asked if Fox News also smears people.

– Setting A Guilt Trap: Watters ended the charade by demanding that I look into the camera and apologize to the Alexa Foundation and rape victims. I told them that I don’t speak through Fox News and if someone from the Alexa Foundation would like to personally call me, I’d be happy to speak with that person.

– More Stalking: The camera man then continued to film me as I walked down the block. After a few minutes while I waited at the light to cross the street, Watters called him back and they left.
I'm always happy to watch a news program that is okay with reporters in an unmarked vehicle following a civilian for TWO HOURS to ambush her and try and bully her into an interview.

Well, I just watched that clip. Pretty sad.

We poll here on LB a few months ago, revealing much the same degree of popularity
The unscientific LB "poll" mainly drew in those who already loved Fox and Fox exclusively and the "poll" arose from one of those threads... most others had given up on those threads long before that. But then, we have discussed that previously.

Truth of that poll - only 67 people voted. 43.28 % of them voted for Fox News so round it off to 29... on a poll that was about Fox News. So everyone else who bothered to even take part in the poll voted for a variety of sources - which I think is wise - and that was the majority opinion. 38 people voted not for Fox News - but for some other source. Or multiple sources.

Fox News' ratings are understandably going to chart high - that is a bit of a no-brainer... those who do not follow them have a varyng choice of sources that do not constantly hit them over the head with how fair and (un)balanced they are.... and have a wider range of input and opinions between them... ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN etc. Thus viewership is more spread out and not concentrated on just one source. Which is pretty much what that small LB poll showed. And many people do not watch the news channels on a constant basis in prime time anyway. They would rather be watching Dancing With The Stars.... they pulled in over 20 million viewers for the last show - and I wasn't one of them!
default_wink.png

Around here - talk radio ratings show that NPR is far ahead of anyone else - with the station that has hosts at both ends of the spectrum (truly trying to be fair and balanced) coming behind them... and the Limbaugh-esque more conservative station behind them. It is also regional - I expect that those radio placings would be the complete reverse in other parts of the country...
default_yes.gif

Well fox is one sided and if you are not a republican than look out, it's very much the same mentality I see here from those that watch fox and are republicans so it doesn't surprise me one bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTkFU4MtubU

Fox is very very popular with republicans and they use the same tactics that Fox does. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back