Fox news is no better than the lying trash tabloids...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I didn't even know they were in the war. I thought that's where you go if you don't want to fight -- you go chill in Canada," he said.[/b]
Now THAT is pathetic. How can someone not be aware of who our allies are and have at least some vague idea of what they're up to?

Not interested in watching the clip, but Fox News is and has always been my favorite tv news source. The only one I find that attempts to cover both sides.
Remember the forum poll awhile back? Fox News was overwhelmingly the most favored tv news source by the LB members with almost 44% of the vote and the remaining 56% divided between SEVEN other sources!!!

Link to Forum News Source Poll: http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=99230

Let's make something clear here. This thread, Jill, is not about Fox News, it's about a few idiots on a Fox program dissing Canada's contribution (or their perceived lackthereof) to the war in Afghanistan. All this said, while 4 of our soldiers return home in caskets today
default_no.gif
Why aren't you interested in watching the clip?

Dont you wish on posts like this, that you could view who read the post but decided not to post? Meanign the ones that think FOX can do no wrong and are THE only word in news?

I was one of those people who read the post earlier, viewed the video and didn't respond. My initial reaction was "Wow, I'd really be upset if I was Canadian. They should all write FOX and tell them how they feel about that insult".

I didn't post at the time because people on this forum are perfectly capable of thinking of writing them an irate letter themselves (without my input). My failure to post earlier had nothing to do with the fact that I saw nothing to be upset about nor my lack of empathy for Canadian feelings about such disgusting dialogue.

I sincerely hope you aren't comparing those who didn't respond with the people who were on the broadcast. The fact that we aren't all ranting about it certainly doesn't mean that we condone it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am waiting, as many other Canadians are to see this so called apology from the host on the Fox News website. It has not appeared nor will it but what do you expect from a station that allows this kind of stupid reporters.

Someone today on a blog pointed me to "outfoxed" which you can find on youtube. It just reinterates my belief and the belief of many many people exactly the slum journalism that takes place on a daily basis.

Here is a fine example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IwIRNM5noY

I hope everyone here understands that my anger is at the Fox news and their mentality. If a Canadian station did the same to the men and women of the U.S army/navy, etc. I would be the first to stand with you and condem that Canadian news station.

Dont you wish on posts like this, that you could view who read the post but decided not to post? Meanign the ones that think FOX can do no wrong and are THE only word in news?

I was one of those people who read the post earlier, viewed the video and didn't respond. My initial reaction was "Wow, I'd really be upset if I was Canadian. They should all write FOX and tell them how they feel about that insult".

I didn't post at the time because people on this forum are perfectly capable of thinking of writing them an irate letter themselves (without my input). My failure to post earlier had nothing to do with the fact that I saw nothing to be upset about nor my lack of empathy for Canadian feelings about such disgusting dialogue.

I sincerely hope you aren't comparing those who didn't respond with the people who were on the broadcast. The fact that we aren't all ranting about it certainly doesn't mean that we condone it.

Nope, if you will read what I wrote you will see that isnt what I meant. Let me reiterate. There are folks on here who think FOX is THE be all to end all of media. They feel that FOX can do no wrong. And if you come across those posts, you know who they are because they either will not watch the clip to see what FOX is about ( all the while FOX is being so very 2 sided) or they are making excuses for FOXs bad behavior. All news channels will speak first then insert foot up to knee. What is bad about some channels is that they take a holier than thou attitude. A true, do as I say, not as I do, way of thinking.

I refused to watch the clip when Danielle posted the link because I already think Fox is terrible, and my blood pressure is high enough without watching the disgusting, ridiculous, shameful and ignorant comments those buffoons were making. I did see parts of it on the 6:00 and 6:30 new tonight. While it may be a satirical look at the news, that program went waaaaay too far. Oh, but they said sorry, so I guess that makes it okay.
default_smileypuke.gif

Danielle wrote: " I still can't believe there are people in this day and age that think we live up here in the ice age and never get 90 and 100 degree weather here in the summer." OMG!! I can believe it and see it all the time!! Just a couple of examples... I met a couple from southern Michigan who asked what our winters are like! I live about four hours due east from them!! Then, about a month ago, a man in Ohio (parked behind me) asked me, "What part of Kentucky is Ontario in?" I told him it's in Canada, not Kentucky. "Oh, well the licence plate is the same colour."
default_doh.gif
I could write a book on the uninformed, uneducated questions and comments I've heard from Americans about Canada! (I could also tell you about some hilarious, almost literally rolling-on-the-floor funny conversations about Canada I had with a couple of our Forum members at Convention a couple of years ago! LOL!!!!)

Getting back to the topic at hand, I personally don't feel there is any kind of apology that would be acceptable. There are some things in life that you just don't make fun of.

What I'm saying Jill, is that this is a horse forum. People with horses tend to live in rural areas, and demographically speaking tend to lean more conservative. Of COURSE the majority would prefer Fox News.
Not even that... at that time - in those heated threads - most of those who were not Fox fans had long since quit posting and given up. That poll was only representative of the few who still bothered with those threads. And those who were not conservative or Fox Noise fans were greatly outnumbered.

And for those of you who did not watch that assinine demonstration of ignorance and just assure us that Fox is so great.... you need to watch it. It was obvious that the jerks involved thought they were being very funny a few times (they were not) but the entire tone of their little gigglefest was completely inappropriate and inexcusable. Brushing it off is also inexcusable...

Oh - there was a lame apology...

Gutfeld issued an apology Monday afternoon saying, "I realize that my words may have been misunderstood. It was not my intent to disrespect the brave men, women and families of the Canadian military, and for that I apologize."
Misunderstood? Oh please - his intent was very clear.

Canadian soldiers die at a rate that is over twice as frequent as American deaths in Iraq... 2,500 Canadians serve in Afghanistan, 116 have been killed so far. That's one death per 21.5 soldiers. 4 died the weekend the FOX segment aired. Real funny stuff. Ha ha. Laugh it up.

Fox should be ashamed of themselves.

What can you say about that..It just makes me speechless which is no small feat. I feel pretty horrified. My nephew just came back from Afghanistan his second tour there and I thank God he is alive and safe. I cant imagine how I would feel if the shoe had been on the other foot. And to have such careless comments made. I feel for those families who have sons and daughters over there and also for those who come back for thier final resting place. We should be supportive of each other not disparaging.

Looks like they're getting some of what they deserve. Good!
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090323/...al/fox_news_cda

That is good news: also incase some did not know.

Canadian soldiers have been fighting in Afghanistan for eight years and have spent the last four in the country's most violent region. Canada has lost 116 soldiers in Afghanistan, the highest casualty rate among allied countries fighting there.

I do remember the start of Fox "network". It seemed to me that from day one it chose the sleaziest programing. Poor content and cursing seemed to be the criteria chosen.

I too thought though that fox "news" represented a more accurate "news" service.......

Until I realized that it was just a media method to keep everyone on the dem/rep plantation and of course so busy being at each others throats that they didn't realize this. Seems to have worked pretty darn good cause most folks are still there. Here you see the divide and conquer concept in full swing.

While I've stated it before, I'll try again. Any news service that leads with the slogan "fair and balanced" is telling you right up front that it is truly not the news! News doesn't need to be "fair and balanced", it just needs to be the news and preferably, ALL the news. As this is NOT what is happening with ANY of the "networks" you are not getting the news, because none of them are independant and do true investigative journalism. Those lonely reporters that try, have true news stories that never see the light of day and/or are looking for jobs.

I try to choose news services that do pure reporting and don't care where the chips fall. In the end you choose to either play their game or not. I chose "not" quite some time ago.

While Glen Beck has a rather checkered past with patriots, his stands today as expressed on air are lining up as they should from a constitutional reference point, for the most part anyway. As such he is starting to be attacked from both sides which should and does indicate to him that he is on the right track. He himself, understanding how this game is played, has posited that he may not be on the air much longer BECAUSE he is airing the truth. I concur with him as I've watched this scenario play out MANY times before. If his message is resonating with a rapidly growing segment of the population ( and yes it is!) why would he be attacked as "crazy"? It will be curious to see how fox deals with Beck. If they dismiss him it will prove my points yet again.

He has a video up at fox right now that is worth watching because he is encouraging YOU to do your own work and not be spoon fed the "news". As I have long stated and now so does he, "Don't believe me, go find out for your self". There will always be those that enthusiastically buy whatever is thrown at them. Then there are those who truly want to know the truth and do their own homework. The former I don't waste my time on because there is no way to move ahead with them. Facts, science, physics and a bazillion eyewitness' to an event matter not to them. And answering questions is not their strong suit so generally they attack as is happening with Mr. Beck now. In this case I try to wish them well and say something like "you're probably right" and drive on. I am not going to change their mind and rudeness doesn't help. Only they can change their mind.

I WILL always encourage and back truth seekers and speakers.

While I've stated it before, I'll try again. Any news service that leads with the slogan "fair and balanced" is telling you right up front that it is truly not the news! News doesn't need to be "fair and balanced", it just needs to be the news and preferably, ALL the news. As this is NOT what is happening with ANY of the "networks" you are not getting the news, because none of them are independant and do true investigative journalism. Those lonely reporters that try, have true news stories that never see the light of day and/or are looking for jobs.
Exactly right, Carriage. Fair and Balanced - droned at you at every commercial break - is an advertising slogan, not a mission statement. And all networks will have a bias - that is why it is important to get your news from a wide variety of sources.

And the juvenile snickering about the Canadian military from the 12 year olds Fox puts on the air... if any Canadian news service had hosted buffoons snickering about the US military - the outrage would be overwhelming.

Yes - the Canadian military is a lot smaller than the US.

Well, DUH.

1/10 the population.

Far less than 1/10 of the potential financing.

So Canadian forces usually assume a Peace-keeping role which no doubt is giggle-worthy as well.... or so Fox would tell you.

default_no.gif

When you have people from many walks of life that all state FOX is biased, one has to step back and wonder if maybe there is some truth to that idea. Just because they run a story from YOUR point of view, doesnt mean its not biased.

I think this should be seen by every American that thinks (in any small way) what those ignorant men and women think on fox:

Okay...done
default_smile.png

To all of our Canadian friends, I apologize for those cretins that stoop to such lows, besmirching our country's name and dishonoring those who have given their lives.

As always, it is the bully that tries to build themselves up by tearing others down, when in fact they make obvious to the world how very small they are.

So many Americans expect Canadians to kiss their feet and keep their mouths shut...give their lives, but don't dare expect anything other than perfunctory thanks and stupid jokes. And these are our allies and next-door neighbors! With the way we treat our friends, who needs enemies?

I do remember the start of Fox "network". It seemed to me that from day one it chose the sleaziest programing. Poor content and cursing seemed to be the criteria chosen.

We have got to be talking about different Fox Stations, you know there are more than one. 2 or more in my area. The one I listen too, I have NEVER heard any cursing and the content HAS been very well presented. I know the name mentioned, Greg Gutfeld, I have never heard of. Must be different area of the country.

Wait a minute if you consider Democrat or Obama a cuss word I guess they do cuss a lot.
default_laugh.png
default_wink.png
default_shutup.gif

And these are our allies and next-door neighbors! With the way we treat our friends, who needs enemies?

About the only thing I can say is that is so true and to me anyway so very scary in the long run

I know the name mentioned, Greg Gutfeld, I have never heard of. Must be different area of the country.
Bassett - unfortunately his show is national, not local. Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld is on Fox at 3 a.m. Eastern time... but he gets lots of advertising for his show during regular hours. What he has to do with news is beyond me. I have seen the show sporadically - and this guy thinks he is funny - when usually he is presenting himself as sexist, racist, homophobic and most other things you can think of. Bottom line - he is a jerk. And he stooped to a new low with his sneering at the Canadian military - without bothering to consider lives lost or the fact that there is no way they can have as big a military force as the US - as I explained earlier. If he had scoffed at American soldiers the same way - he would have been tarred and feathered, But Fox will just look the other way - and have. If the guy was EVER funny I could view it as snarky satire - but he isn't. He's usually just shrill and extremely offensive. Which Fox apparently thinks is just fine. I guess they feel he can say anything he likes at that hour. Fox would do better rerunning Bill O'Reilly in that time slot...
default_no.gif

Mind you - Anne Coulter has said a lot of the same stuff - only she was not trying to be funny. And that is even sadder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back