former post- weanling that lost a hoof

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonnie,

We used SuperFast to glue our Prince Filly, Fling's, Miracle Shoes on her front feet when she was a baby. It worked very well and it's speed of hardening depends on the mixture ratio the farrier uses.....I still have those shoes above the stall she was in.....SO sweet!

I'm coming in a late in this conversation, but did you say she lost a hoof?

Are you saying she lost a part of her leg or just the hoof wall (hoof capsule) - like when we humans lose a fingernail?

I'm so glad you didn't put her down, because this isn't unheard of for a horse to lose a hoof capsule. My husband trims horses and this was a subject of interest that came up once when he learned about trauma that can cause a horse to lose their hoof capsule. Essentially, it will grow back with time and the horse will be OK. True, the horse would be lame and hurt for a while, but they survive this and grow a new one. The hoof that lost the capsule will grow calloused and eventually withstand the weight of the body without the hoof wall.

Of course, if the horse lost part of its limb, that's another thing entirely. So I'm interested to know what happened. And, again, I'm SO GLAD you didn't put her down.
default_smile.png

I am so happy to hear that she is doing so well!!! I can't wait to see her picture.
default_smile.png

Fashlight is doing great. Her leg has heeled over totally. When I turn her out she goes running and jumping, and if she didn't have a slight limp, you woud never suspect. She has a plastic low top build a bear shoe, and a high top keds build a bear shoe, as well as a dog boot. I think she likes the high top best, but I use the dog boot for the winter as it is water proof. Not that it would hurt to get her foot wet, but I don't want her to keep the wet shoe on for an extended period of time. Of course I let her run the other day and she flipped off the boot and kept going. She still is a drama queen, which is really funny. Whenever I put her shoe on she has to hold it up like I hurt her or do this dramtic limp for a sympathy vote, until something distracts her and she forgets the act. She certainly has gotten spoiled.

I have pictures, but don't know how to post them. It appears that you need to put them on a web site to get an HTTP address (??). Do you all keep a junk web site to put pictures like this on just to be able to post them? If there is a simple way to do this without going through putting them on a web site someone walk me through it. I would really like to know how to do it.

Fashlight is doing great. Her leg has heeled over totally. When I turn her out she goes running and jumping, and if she didn't have a slight limp, you woud never suspect. She has a plastic low top build a bear shoe, and a high top keds build a bear shoe, as well as a dog boot. I think she likes the high top best, but I use the dog boot for the winter as it is water proof. Not that it would hurt to get her foot wet, but I don't want her to keep the wet shoe on for an extended period of time. Of course I let her run the other day and she flipped off the boot and kept going. She still is a drama queen, which is really funny. Whenever I put her shoe on she has to hold it up like I hurt her or do this dramtic limp for a sympathy vote, until something distracts her and she forgets the act. She certainly has gotten spoiled.

I have pictures, but don't know how to post them. It appears that you need to put them on a web site to get an HTTP address (??). Do you all keep a junk web site to put pictures like this on just to be able to post them? If there is a simple way to do this without going through putting them on a web site someone walk me through it. I would really like to know how to do it.
If you go to http://tinypic.com/ you can upload the picture and get an url for website posting. Then you just click insert image on your post. make sure you delete the beginning and ending part of the link it says something like or something like that, you just need to delete that from the beginning and ending and it will insert your picture. It will adjust the size by itself.

I use photobucket. It's really easy to use. Just sign up, then upload your pics. When you want to share a pic, all I do is click on the pic on photobucket. It takes me to a page that shows that pic by itself. To the right of the pic is the list of urls that you choose what you want to do with. I just click with my left mouse button on the very bottom link "img code" and it automatically copies it. Then you come here and just right click and paste and you are done! Sounds harder then it is. I just have a hard time trying to explain it! LOL

Latest posts

Back