for talking sake

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would sure like to see pictures of some of these 'dream horses'! Didn't someone say black with stockings and blue eyes? Oh wow! I would love that!

Charlotte

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlotte,

Got to tell you I think Star Skipper is gorgeous! I plenty of drool on my keyboard from looking at him.

default_wub.png
default_thumbup.gif

Well thank you Little Lady! We think he's pretty special too. And that filly would make such a good wife for him!

default_biggrin.png

Charlotte

Ok Mods. Everybody is talking on here about horses they would like to buy. Why do you remove my posts? and please answer publicly so that we all can understand the reasoning. I've had several people email me asking why my posts are removed and not others.

Thanks,

Charlotte

I am always looking to buy just dont always have the funds lol! I would love a blue roan mare A/R with a gorgeous head and more of the old style mini, still pretty but also still has the solid conformation to make a strong driving horse. I also would love a mare that looks like Sign on the Dotted Line since he is probably my favorite appy, he is more old style but still arabian looking. I would love a silver bay mare that has the richer color not the faded out lighter versions. O and of course I would love to have a mini that looks just like a friesian since I dont have enough room or the money to have a real one :-D.

I already have mine!
default_wub.png

Black Splash, Black Frame, Black Toveros, Blacks with blue eyes.

I LOVE my horses!
default_wub.png
I'm VERY blessed!

Since this is just for fun, and I am not buying...

I would love an under 34" version of SMHC Ringmaster.. Black and white pinto that looks and moves like that... Don't even care what sex.

I TOO HAVE ALL OF MY FAVORITE COLORS AND PATTERNS. BUT IF I COULD... I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A BUCKSKIN OR PERLINO THAT IS LWO POSITIVE OR IS A SPLASH OVERO. I WOULD LOVE FOR ONE OF MY CHAMPAGNES TO BE A SPLASH OR LWO POSITIVE. I REALLY LIKE THE SABINO GENE AS WELL.

I surely am loaded here with the blacks and tall white stockings that's for sure and most definitely bred for using as someone here mentioned but I do love a shinny black, my favorite. Second would have to be a rich blood bay with white socks.

Not shopping but for some reason I have a weakness for a bay app filly with zero mottling. Saw one about a month ago and went "that's her" and there she will stay too!
default_wacko.png

Gee, I am ALWAYS LOOKING
default_rolleyes.gif

After several years of looking I finally found my little homozygous black and white colt, so ... I think I am all taken care of with colts... though it would be really hard to resist a proven (in the show ring and breeding shed) knock out stallion at a bargain price, or an incredible little stallion with really unique color on his perfect little body.

I think I am at my limit for little mares too as I am in the process of adding 2 more to the herd. (wish I had endless energy to take care of them all and a bottomless money pit)

But... what do I really want... mares and stallions that are refined, correct, lovely horses with fantastic temperaments that produce themselves or better. Ones that are easy to get in foal and keep in foal and have routine safe deliveries.( I have had 2 years of some heartbreak in the breeding department) Fertile little stallions... producing lovely foals that attract responsible folks to buy them...

Unique color is always a plus and I love my pintos!!! Homozygous pinto and black are great assets too!

It is interesting you are saying that WJS. I sold a filly at two weeks old to England. She will leave here in October for quarantine.
And the last few horses that captured my heart and I would have loved to buy were snatched up immediately by Europeans and I missed out!

So there are apparently a lot of horses going to Europe this year.

This is mine that will be joining the show circuit in Europe:

66091.jpg
Hi Joanne,

I did see this Beautiful filly...what a cracker!

I was recently quoted $4500 all in, quarantine, shipping, handleing this end and import duties... that is a lot of extra to find...If only!
default_wacko.png

Hi Kim, hope you are feeling better. You know what our next purchase is intended to be.....looking for a black and white ( homozygous for colour and black) not asking for much are we lol
default_rolleyes.gif
Hello lovely,

Dont forget the two blues with black eye liner!.
default_wub.png
..... roll on next year...new crop of foals

x

I love color, but with that said. There are so many other factors that come into play when we buy another horse.
default_wink.png

My favorite colors are buckskins, bay pintos and John Wayne look alike sorrels (4 white stockings and a blaze face). And of course wild pintos also catch my interest, just from an aesthetic standpoint.
default_yes.gif

We are not actively in the market per se, but when a GREAT horse comes along at a reasonable price we do not pass it up. This last year we bought 2 brood mares, 2 halter fillies, 2 driving geldings and 1 halter colt and are glad we did.
default_wub.png

Our prerequisites are:

1. Conformation - legs, top line, underline and neck.

2. Movement - we look for functional to blend in with the looks of conformation

3. Refinement - an absolute must in todays show and breeding world

4. Bloodlines - traceable with DNA so as to better predict the outcome of crosses within our herd.

5. Something we enjoy just looking at and watching the horse move in the pasture etc. I don't want to have something on the place that is not pleasing to our eyes.

When those things come together then it is time for us to start negotiating price etc.
default_472.gif
Sound advise for all of us
default_biggrin.png

I would sure like to see pictures of some of these 'dream horses'! Didn't someone say black with stockings and blue eyes? Oh wow! I would love that!
Charlotte
Hi Charlotte,

You already have seen one of my Dream horses..... an improvement would be two blues....but can't have it all!

default_wub.png
default_saludando.gif

My "dream".....a homozygous spotted filly or mare. I will know her when i see her!!

My ideal (right now anyway) - black and white, probably mare, (throw in homozygous for black), 37-38" AMHR/ASPC reg., ready to drive with lots of leg/knee action for driving (above Country Pleasure class) but enough brains to be calm for grandkids to ride and then, of course, all the normal "good" conformation traits.

I know, don't want much but then you did say "ideal"!

[SIZE=12pt]My dream horse would have to be a bay roan pinto filly or a solid black horse any sex with high white stockings in the rear. I'm a sucker for pintos and I'm also attracted to black or black based horses.[/SIZE]

Back