for talking sake

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WJS

Reaction score
default_biggrin.png
[SIZE=14pt]I know this topic has been used before but just out of interest:[/SIZE]

If you were buying, which horse or breeding, what colour and sex? and most of all why?

If I could choose it would colour...wild colour... but then I look at some horses...and think...silver WOW..but then again a good solid is just as impressive.

I have seen so many lovely horses, I only wish it was cheaper to ship to the UK....
default_saludando.gif

:modedit: PLEASE DO NOT MENTION SPECIFIC HORSES. Descriptions of your "dream horse" only, or the thread will have to be closed. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid Black. I just love a black beauty. Definitely a male who would become a gelding. I just love the usual playful personalily the good and bad of a young male. I also perffer the stocky old style mini.

Lildrummer

Solid Black. I just love a black beauty. Definitely a male who would become a gelding. I just love the usual playful personalily the good and bad of a young male. I also perffer the stocky old style mini.Lildrummer
Thats interesting, why the older style?
default_biggrin.png

I have a video from a certain Farm. OMG! They are wonderful!
default_smile.png

Interesting topic - fun too!

We pretty much already have a "horse of every color" - all the dilutes, a blue roan, a strawberry roan, pintos and every solid color. What we don't have yet is a silver dapple - a true vivid silver dapple with pronounced dapples, true silverish-blue color with white mane/tail. I've always got my eye out for one of those in a filly or mare! She's out there somewhere I'm sure ....
default_wink.png

this is a very Fun Topic :)

if I bought another one, it would have to be a mare and I would LOVE to buy a True Gray Show Filly.

I also LOVE the Classic Champages. Very Pretty
default_biggrin.png

But I would Probably have to sell one to get one of those
default_sad.png

this is a very Fun Topic :)
if I bought another one, it would have to be a mare and I would LOVE to buy a True Gray Show Filly.

I also LOVE the Classic Champages. Very Pretty
default_biggrin.png

But I would Probably have to sell one to get one of those
default_sad.png
I would rather be spending the money on ... a specific "girl"... really love the look of her.

default_saludando.gif

I would buy a mini jenny!
default_rolleyes.gif
I have 6 adult minis which includes 2 studs and I have always wanted a very correct aprox 30" red dun or black bay jenny for my Gold Melody Boy stallion.

I also would'nt mind a beauitful palomino appy mare. (lep or snow)

What we don't have yet is a silver dapple - a true vivid silver dapple with pronounced dapples, true silverish-blue color with white mane/tail. I've always got my eye out for one of those in a filly or mare! She's out there somewhere I'm sure ....

HA HA I have one of those and I just love her!!!

I do not have a particular horse in mind and I am not shopping but if I could make my own horse I would want a chestnut with a huge blaze

I'm not shopping either but I've always wanted a lovely silver dapple with white socks or tobiano markings and a grulla or zebra dun or other wild primitive color. I've had red-based horses all my life and want something really eye-catching in a black-base!
default_drool5.gif
I've got a silver buckskin colt here now who has the white "frosting" on his chocolate-colored mane and I love it. Feels truly strange to brush something in that color tone though!
default_laugh.png

Mostly in the minis I just want a horse who doesn't turn a God-awful beige when clipped. Eww.... Big horses I don't mind a red-based critter.

Leia

It is interesting you are saying that WJS. I sold a filly at two weeks old to England. She will leave here in October for quarantine.

And the last few horses that captured my heart and I would have loved to buy were snatched up immediately by Europeans and I missed out!

So there are apparently a lot of horses going to Europe this year.

This is mine that will be joining the show circuit in Europe:

66091.jpg

I've been looking for another mare or two to add to the broodmare band, not in a big hurry as I have to sell a few first, but would LOVE to add a true black or bright bay with bald face, blue eyes and 4 high whites
default_wub.png
:wub of the 'stock' style, lots of body, great legs.

I saw a beautiful mini here that I fell in love with ...solid black with 2 blue eyes.. the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I would have to agree , now that i have both breeds..( from England , and the American refined one ...I love the "old style " too. These horses are calm, willing to work , strong, and always doing what you ask without putting up a big fuss. They were born to work , and working makes them very happy. My American style mini horse has a beautiful head and has become the most affectionate loving horse that I can hug and brush all day long. I was lucky enough to have both of these personalities in a Pony , however she had a type of arthritis in her skull - jaw... and I chose to have her put down a year after I purchased her.... I feel lucky to have had her for the year that I did. So... I love the solid black ones with blue eyes, I also love cremellos.

Hi Kim, hope you are feeling better. You know what our next purchase is intended to be.....looking for a black and white ( homozygous for colour and black) not asking for much are we lol
default_rolleyes.gif

Some day would like to add a homozygus pinto stallion either blk/white or buckskin/white. Would also like to find a blue roan mare. I also prefer the old style. I like small heads, tiny tippy ears and sweet dispositions. Breeding would be important but would like a proven horse who has been shown. I know not asking for much...lol, but a girl can dream right.
default_biggrin.png

Not in the market to buy, but if I could design my ideal horse, he would be a mahogany bay gelding with lots of chrome, about 37 in. , medium build, not too stocky or too refined, with a nice big trot, but not too snorty!
default_rolleyes.gif
And he would have to be a perfect driving horse. Bloodlines wouldn't matter.
default_wink.png

If I were buying, I would be looking for a sound, dead broke, older (but not geriatric) wide bodied mini, great with kids. Love wild color but that's not a must. . .probably would be easier to find a gelding who fits the above description but I wouldn't overlook a mare with those attributes.

I just don't think there are enough good little "using" minis out there, and I think those are more appealing to "outside" buyers than the very well bred refined little beauties we see so much of.

I'm not looking to buy either. I'm happy with my herd as it is.
default_biggrin.png
I'm still hoping one of my mares gives me my "A" colt that will become my all-around halter/performance gelding! I have a beautiful silver dapple mare that is bred to my black pinto stallion...I sure wouldn't mind a knock-out silver dapple gelding!
default_wub.png
I already have my "B" size colt that is going to be gelded this fall. I show Pinto and it's so nice they have both divisions.

I love color, but with that said. There are so many other factors that come into play when we buy another horse.
default_wink.png

My favorite colors are buckskins, bay pintos and John Wayne look alike sorrels (4 white stockings and a blaze face). And of course wild pintos also catch my interest, just from an aesthetic standpoint.
default_yes.gif

We are not actively in the market per se, but when a GREAT horse comes along at a reasonable price we do not pass it up. This last year we bought 2 brood mares, 2 halter fillies, 2 driving geldings and 1 halter colt and are glad we did.
default_wub.png

Our prerequisites are:

1. Conformation - legs, top line, underline and neck.

2. Movement - we look for functional to blend in with the looks of conformation

3. Refinement - an absolute must in todays show and breeding world

4. Bloodlines - traceable with DNA so as to better predict the outcome of crosses within our herd.

5. Something we enjoy just looking at and watching the horse move in the pasture etc. I don't want to have something on the place that is not pleasing to our eyes.

When those things come together then it is time for us to start negotiating price etc.
default_472.gif

My dream horse is Panio Man's twin. I have loved that little guy since the first time I laid eyes on him in a magazine. He is my favorite color black and white. My next purchase will be a black and white leopard mare/filly.

Back