Foaling question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickysminis

Reaction score
Hi

I am a novice when it comes to minis especially foaling and this may be an odd question that makes me look silly, but i need to know.
default_smile.png

I have just been checking my mare Bubbles, who is now past her due date, and when i looked inside her vulva i noticed a tiny white bubble near the back at the top, is that normal or could that be the first signs of her foaling imminatley (sp?)

Thanks in advance

Im hoping that you have a healthy baby safely on the ground
default_yes.gif

maybe she means bubbles as not the sac, but actual like soap looking bubbles. I hope we hear soon!

Thank you for all your replies.

Still no foal and i'm pretty sure its not the sac. The bubble is not sticking out (i know what that looks like as i have been at a foaling before) it really is tiny and foal is definatley still ok its still wriggling and kicking like mad.

you can only see it when you open vulva right up, having never looked in there before now i don't know if that could be perfectly normal looking inside, tried looking for pictures on the internet but couldn't find any showing what i could see.

Thanks again for all your replies and concerns

I think what you have there is a polyp- it is alarming when you first see it but I have a mare who has had one for most of her life. It has never become bigger and her mother had one too!

Her mother's just disappeared one year and never came back.

So long as it does not get bigger, does not interfere with the foaling or the getting back in foal, I would advise you to leave it alone. My Vet checked it out some years ago, said the op to get rid of it was quite large, in view of where it is, and no guarantee it would not grow back so, she gave me the advice I am passing on to you.

My mares just seemed to appear out of nowhere, I think at a certain stage in the pregnancy the vulva swells and changes position, and then you are able to see it- does that make sense??

I'm so glad that everything is OK! I almost had a heart attack yesterday when I first read the post. Need to go back to school and learn reading comprehension again.

Thanks Jane, I think perhaps you might be right, now i know its there i will just keep an eye on it.

Riverrose - I have to say when i first saw your reply i did panic, but then i realised i probably didn't explain it very well, so it would have been easy to misinterpret what i meant..

I will let you all know when she finally does foal, which hopefully wont be much longer, i need my sleep
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back