Foaling continues here....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh thank you Marty!!
default_wub.png

I am sorry for you loss. I hope your mare continues to recover for you.

Beth

I am sooo sorry. I am so glad the mare is fine. Prayers go out!

I noticed today that Mare #3 seemed rather cranky and upset.... and that she was rolling off and on today... not just to scratch her back either. I was really worried as EVERY TIME I have seen excessive rolling with a mare, it always ended up with a dystocia.
Went out to get her and put her in a stall and she dropped and her water broke. I called the neighbors because I just had a gut feeling.... they came right over (they are extremely experienced and been doing this since 1982) The bubble appeared- no baby. After several pushes, finally came the two front feet and nose.... and OMG, a third foot. I was already on the phone to the vet and we tried to reposition it ourselves but that mare was so TIGHT we could not even reach in to where we needed to. She was also pushing against us so hard.... The foal was out too far and tried to breathe.....

Lost a silver dapple Appy colt with a white blanket and star- very small and ultra refined. He had green eyes.

Vet said there was no damage to the mare and she will be ok- got her flushed out and she's is on pain killers tonight, and SMZ's the next 10 days. Also milked her out and got some colostrum in the freezer in case someone here needs it.

I am so bummed.......... the mare just looked back at the baby but didnt even nicker... I think she already knew.

Now I am really nervous about the other two coming.....

[SIZE=12pt]Laurie, I'm so sorry for your loss
default_no.gif
I hope your mare will be ok.[/SIZE]

My best to you,

Joy

Oh Laurie, I'm so sad that this happened to you. I dearly love the foals but am also stressed at foaling time.

I'm glad your mare is okay but what a shame loosing the foal. I just hate to hear of these things and it's so heartbreaking to us all.

(((HUGS))) to you.....

Diane

Latest posts

Back