Foal proof

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynamic8999

Reaction score
How many of you have used the new Foal Proof test? I was wondering how accurate it is. I tried it on a few mares this year and everyone was negative. I question it because these a reliable yearly producing mares that are already showing pregnancy. The test was not expired and stored properly. Just wondering how accurate they have been for those that have used them longer than me.

This is not the Pregnamare test!

I used them for the first time this year, five tests for 4 positives and 1 negative. The 4 +ve's all look well in foal, and the -ve is definately not looking in foal.

I'm assuming you are using the blood tests as opposed to the urine tests?? I haven't used the urine tests but friends have and like them too. I found the blood ones really good. Obviously not everyone is able to take a blood sample off their mares, but for me it was great! :bgrin

Blood tests www.foalproof.co.nz

Urine tests www.weefoalchecker.co.nz

Edited to add I'm assuming you waited until after 120 days, and have your dates all correct, as this can affect the results. And used serum, not whole blood.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used them for the first time this year, five tests for 4 positives and 1 negative. The 4 +ve's all look well in foal, and the -ve is definately not looking in foal.

I'm assuming you are using the blood tests as opposed to the urine tests?? I haven't used the urine tests but friends have and like them too. I found the blood ones really good. Obviously not everyone is able to take a blood sample off their mares, but for me it was great! :bgrin

Blood tests www.foalproof.co.nz

Urine tests www.weefoalchecker.co.nz

Edited to add I'm assuming you waited until after 120 days, and have your dates all correct, as this can affect the results. And used serum, not whole blood.
This is interesting. Is this urine test available outside of New Zealand? I would like to know more information.

I bought my Foal Proof tests direct from the website, so I imagine it is the same for the Wee Foal Checker tests. Try emailing them, I'm sure they'd be happy to help
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back