FOAL FOR 2010 FILLY OR COLT YEAR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FILLY OR COLT YEAR

• FILLIES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • COLTS

• ANGLE FOALS COLT

• ANGLE FOALS FILLY

• Total voters

MBhorses

Reaction score
i Wanted to know this year if it is a filly or colt year so far.

share with us if you have had fillies or colts

TELL us if they are solid, appy, pinto or pintaloosa

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone else

i was just wondering what everyone is having so far this year fillies or colts, what colors and pattern they are.

My first is due right now (day 331) so I can't tell you what it is yet, but from what I've seen it looks to be a colt year, just like it was last year.

amanda

My season here is over now (in Australia) but i had 3 colts and one filly.

1 x bay splash colt

1 x chestnut colt

1 x chestnut medicine hat colt

1 x silver dapple pinto filly

Seemed to be very much a colt year this season here.

i have one mare due end april or first of may. i am so excited.

my foal will be pinto or pintaloosa since my mare is homozygous for tobiano gene and sire is appy

thanks for sharing everyone

i forgot it will only let you vote one per thing sorry

so listed your foals as well.

i change it so you can vote more then one.
default_biggrin.png

My first one should have had hers by now but had an accident where she fell down flipping over her shoulder and body going strait up in the air and landing with a thud. I haven't found any thing in the pasture but don't feel any movement either. I was hoping for an appy from that one. Mare 2 should be due by the end of the month. Her papers say she is a bay. She looks black to me. Her father is a buckskin her mother was a silver dapple. She is bred to a silver dapple w/Appy Characteristics.

My mares aren't due to foal for at least a couple of weeks yet, perhaps as long as a month or six weeks from now, but I'll tell you what I'm expecting!
default_biggrin.png

Sire: bay leopard appaloosa x Dam: black snowflake appaloosa

Sire: buckskin leopard appaloosa x Dam: chestnut snowcap appaloosa

Sire: buckskin leopard appaloosa x Dam: bay near leopard appaloosa

Sire: buckskin leopard appaloosa x Dam: smoky black blanketed appaloosa

Sire: buckskin leopard appaloosa x Dam: perlino solid

Sire: black fewspot appaloosa x Dam: bay pinto (last year's same breeding produced a loud black pintaloosa)

I'm expecting a few spots.
default_biggrin.png

We still have a few weeks before our first Doc babies arrive but here's our crosses:

Sire: Black Tobiano X Dam: Black Tobiano/Splash

Sire: Black Tobiano X Dam: Black Bay Solid

I've been having "foaling dreams" and so far they've been pretty consistent with the first cross producing a leggy, LOUD (mostly white) black pinto colt with funky markings and ice blue eyes, and the second cross producing a tiny, very feminine dark bay minimal pinto filly.. We'll see!

I Have three foals so far. All fillies, One smokey black,One Bay pinto and one Black pinto. I lost another pinto filly .The mare started bagging up too early. I started her on Regumate and SMZ.but it was not soon enough .She lost the foal the following day. I hope I can keep the fillies coming. But all I want are live healthy foals without vet bills

Latest posts

Back