First year showing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LC Farm

Reaction score
This was my daughters and I first year showing and we had a blast. I would like to hear other peoples thoughts that showed for the first time this year. I bought a mare that is older and has shown most of her life in halter, driving and a National title in roadster. She has worked out great for us and I am soo happy with her. I had one of my mares trained to drive that is sprited and that didn't turn out that great. She has a trot to die for but she was over our ability with both of us being green. I sold her and bought a gelding that has been around the block also and he is working out great. My daughter loves driving a horse that is a little hot and he is that but also well behaved.

We met a lot of nice people that gave great tips to us newbies. THANK YOU ALL We can't wait for next year. Thank you also for the LB members that gave me tips on keeping my nerves in check before going in the showring.

Thank you

Karen

While this is not our first year showing I thought I would say HI and that I am glad you had a good first year experience. There are many wonderful show folks that offer tips and advice. I hope the next year is even more fun! Lavonne

You did awesome for your first year of showing!! We are very happy to have met you and talked with you during this past season! I hope you have a geat winter break and we look forward to seeing you next show season! Or maybe we'll catch up with you at the meetings?

Take Care

~Jessica

Back