First Show of the year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxiesmom

Reaction score
The local Pinto club put on an open schooling show Feb 13. It was well attended by big horses and little ones alike. We had about 8 minis in the halter class and there were 5 in the driving class, that is pretty good for around here.

Max has been driven only one time all winter and that was about 3-4 weeks before the show. I wasn't too worried about him. We had two pleasure driving classes to compete in. The first one was fun and Max really had a good gas pedal. The footing was perfect so we could really get a nice extended trot! That is the most fun for me! We won that class, then came back for the open class. We had a really good go until Max noticed a guy standing at the rail with a camera. OH MY GOD! He jumped/broke, but for only one second and came right back to me as if nothing had happened. Unfortunately, the judge was looking right at us when it happened. We got second in that class, with Sandy (SEDAH) driving Bubba, winning first. The judge came up to me later and said he thought Max had a really beautiful trot, so that made me feel better.

This show was Sandy's to win the high point. She beat us in halter, driving and trail. Max was mad by the time the trail class started. It was dark, cold and he had enough of showing for one day. We went home before the jumping class, so that was Sandy's also. Oh well, watch out next show, Sandy! We're gunnin' for ya!

That's cool that you had a good "first time out" for this year! Thanks for the report!

Our show season won't start for a couple a months yet. Still snow on the ground here!

Congratulations to your start on the show season! Sounds like you had a blast!

It sounds like Max did a good job for you!
default_yes.gif
I enjoyed reading about your show too.

Latest posts

Back