First Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tea Cup I have your stalls snuggled right in the middle of ours along with your friend Donna. After all was said and done I had to add 2 stalls we will probably have a whole row to ourself as we now have a total of 20. Don't worry all of us old time veterans will take care of you. You and I are showing in several classes together as our geldings are in the same height class.

Couple of other things to not forgot for those who are driving for the first time. Don't forget to put an extra tube for your tires into your spares kit--never know when you are going to blow a tube, a bike air pump, a roll or two of black electrical tape, make sure you have all your driving whips with you (I alway put mine down the shaft sleeve of the cover), some black zip ties as they can come in handy for quick repairs and blend into you cart or harness. Your gloves (if you drive with them--I keep mine in my harness bag).

Over the years I've collected several harnesses and extra pieces along the way so I always carry what I call a "SPARES BOX". It has my back and side number holders, spare gloves, this is were I keep which ever 'check' I'm not using as every harness I've bought comes with both an over and a side check. Extra browbands (I normally replace those with nicer bands), cavasons, I even have 2 extra breechings in there (don't ever use them but they are there), extra girth (had to have one special made for a little guy once), extra bits, extra breast collar pads, breast collar keepers (those figure 8's that keep your breast collar attached to your saddle) as I'm always loosing those, extra set of reins, extra martingal, and rein stops. Oh, LOTS and LOTS of horse towels.

One GOOD SUGGESTION, take a permanent marker (they come in all colors including silver) and identify your equipment in some way. Your stall neighbors may have the same color equipment and accidently pick your up if it is left in the aisle way. I place an identification mark on every halter, show halter, lead rope, bucket, towels, every piece of my harness, and every harness bag, halter bag and equipment box that I have, also do this with your Double K's --they all look alike. In the rush of changing stuff during classes, things get strown around and easily confused. When it is marked it is easy to re-claim your. I had this happen as I accidently picked up a breast collar with adjustable tugs and placed in my harness bag--did not realize it until the next time I used that harness and there I had a breast collar that did not belong to me and someone had mine--well sure enough we had folks that were helping us and did not realize what equipment went where and they accidently got the collars switched. Luckily this happend with the lady that I traveled with and it was not big deal, but it could have been. I even mark my chairs and tables, one year my grandkids took their chairs down to a friends stall and of course left them there so was easy to go retrieve them--glad I had marked them as their kids had the same chair and same colors--go figure.

Making sure you identify your stuff does not imply that people take stuff intentionally, but all of us have spent good money to get what we have and it is just easier to keep track of stuff when a lot of folks are stalled together and everyone has a lot of equipment to look after and lets face it sometime we get hurried and just lay stuff down.

See what happens when I start going through my trailer--stuff that I remember that could help others.

Last edited by a moderator:
And always lock every thing up and leave nothing in your car that looks like purse or any thing like that my truck has had the window broke out the stuff taken twice

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the littlest thing that I kept forgetting and FINALLY bought for my rugs was a broom and dust pan. Another thing is I spray my stalls w/ Lysol (I get the bottle of concentrated and add water to it and add it to 2 gal size sprayer, but they have bigger ones), before I add shavings and ever since I have been doing that my horses have been well. Before one would get sick after a show then pass it down to the others. TJ

davie: rick wants to know who is going to unload all this for you

Latest posts

Back