FIRST KNIGHT'S BREAKIN ALL THE RULES

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat thread
default_smile.png
Here are some of the stories behind some of our horse's names.

Whinny For Me's Dun Buckin Around, a/k/a "Ducky" -- he was our first planned foal, after nearly a decade of learning and showing and planning.

Whinny For Me's Passionately Dun, a/k/a "Passion" -- We're pretty passionate about this and about her.

Erica's Gone and DunIT, a/k/a "DunIT" -- was born with the boldest, blackest dorsal stripe.

Cross Country Start Me Up, a/k/a "Starter" -- Belinda Bagby let me choose his name and I flipped channels on my XM Radio for about two hours (to and from the office) until this song came on and that was "it".

Erica's Double Dipped, a/k/a "Double" -- she is a perlino pinto mare and looks kinda like a double dipped vanilla icecream cone.

Harrells Flirting with Perfection, a/k/a "Flirt" -- I got to pick her name, and she was such a gorgeous foal.

Whinny For Me's Big City Cover Girl, a/k/a "Cover Girl" -- she's sired by Erica's gorgeous Buckeroo son, Big City, and she is pretty enough to be on magazine covers!

Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold, a/k/a "Bacardi" -- Another name I got to pick... he's a golden palomino, the BT is for his sire, BTU, and I like bacardi rum.

Triple H Derby Day Miracle, a/k/a "Derby" -- Derby had a difficult birth on the morning of the Kentucky Derby. His breeders actually "assumed" he could not have made it and were tending to his dam when they saw him blinking.

I wondered about Breakin' All the Rules. Neat!

My first riding pony... born beside a pond.... Dam took the baby

for a swim Scuba had a name! Showed Scuba for years!
default_smile.png
)

~Sandy

This is a neat thread, ok so when I bought my first mini back in May, she was just called Polly, so I decided if I ever got around to registering her (mayb next spring) I would name her Blue Moons Wicked Witch because of her wicked persononality heres the meno herself w/ her ears bcak go figure...

DansPix040.jpg

Well, I'm still dealing with my one month old filly and her 'issues'. She had another choking incident last night. Called the vet who has been treating her. She wasn't on duty, but willing to come (gotta love her!). However, when I went back to check the filly, the choking had been resolved, so I cancelled the vet visit. We are going to do barium radiographs tomorrow or Tues to see if we can figure out just why she keeps choking.

Anyway, for now, Death Wish is her name.

I have one,

Firewaters Hey Gorgeous, I love Sex and the City, and Richard always called Samantha Hey Gorgeous. Well when she came out with that tiny head star strip and snip, I went hey gorgeous! So her name. Its funny I took her to 2 shows this year, and everyone kept tellin me how geogeous she is! I was like thats her name.

My husband said I could get a mini on condition that he could name it. I would of course get some say on the name, but... what's in a name? A mini by any other name would be just as sweet...(mangled Shakespeare) I had the opportunity to officially name my new weanling colt and my husband wanted to call him Trigger because my husband likes Roy Rogers and he also likes hunting. Well, okay...I was good at math in High School, so...Keller's (the breeder) Triggernometry. And then we got the new guy who's unregistered and named him Bullet to go with Trigger, not to mention he likes to run very fast away from me.

And Becky, I'm sorry your filly has "issues" but her name caught me by surprise and I had to chuckle.

Well my 2 foals born this year are from sister mares who's sire was Scott Creeks Dynamite so I wanted to incorporate that into their names. Their sire is a Komokos Toy Boy grandson (Windmill Toy Boy) so the first born a filly became Reignmakers Playing with Dynamite (Dyna)(pending) and the second who is a wild little colt full of energy and fight is Reignmakers Hylee Explosive(Nitro) (pending).

Lots of interesting names!

I bought a mare that was NOT bred. She was heavy so I put her on a diet. She started getting really thin except her belly. Noticed it moved more than it should. I contacted the seller and she confirmed she had never bred the mare. Well.....we decided she must have one BIG gas bubble. She was pregnant and foaled a nice bay roan colt. His barn name was Diesel and his papered name is High Octane.

Another colt was born on 03-03-03, the third colt from the mare, the third pinto, and hubby mistook him for a "third" dog not knowing the mare had foaled. He thought the neighbors dog had gotten in the yard and was playing with our 2 dogs. His name ended up being Threes A Charm, barn name Three. Wish I had never sold that boy!

Three's full brother was born the following year while I was in Austin. He was a very showy boy with lots of attitude so he got the name Austin Tatious.

My boy this year was from a maiden mare. Her belly never got big, she never showed any movement. We were never really sure she was pregnant. His papered name is Don't Tell Momma, barn name Mouse because he is so small.

This is a very neat thread
default_smile.png

My Palomino Pinto Filly from this year.

has a very neat name
default_smile.png
jmo

When she was a few hours old She Aquired the Name "Sunny" She fits that to a T
default_biggrin.png

Then a few Days later I found the Perfect Registered name

"Rayon De Soleil" it's French for "Ray of Sunshine" so it ties in

Perfectly with the Barn name I gave her
default_wub.png

and there's more I owned her Half brother "Rope" he Died back in 07"

and his Registered name was Dutchmans "Ray of Hope" so it also has something to do with

him as well

This is Sunny Pictured at 1 week and at 5 months old
default_wub.png

Sunny1weekold.JPG
Sunny5monthsold.JPG

I have 2 more horses who have AWESOME Registered names

but I have to find the Stories their Breeders sent me
default_smile.png

& Those 2 are my stallions Rope & Allure
default_wub.png

I've had two foals here at my farm in which I named. My 2007 Colt that I got from a friend we named

Ima Featherlite

His father is Ima feather x2. Everyone wanted to call him budweiser. But I really didn't like the name. Besides I said he's a lighter version of a budweiser, more like a bud light. Well one thing lead to another and he became a featherlite.

Now this years 2008 foal is extremly special to me. Born on my birthday and out of my favorite mare.

Goodmorning Beautiful

Beauty_3.jpg

I have dreamed of this little filly. Black with white socks, a tiny snippit to kiss. She's everything I wanted. It took me 3 weeks to name her, and well she basically named herself. My boyfriend used to always say Goodmorning beautiful to me. My father had always told me I was the most beautiful girl in the world. So everyday I told her that she was the most beautiful girl in the world. 3 weeks later I'm telling her again, but this time, everytime I said beautiful she would look at me. So beautiful became her name, and Goodmorning Beautiful her registered name. She was born just a half hour before I was at 5 am

I have a black pinto mare who to put it politely is very "willing". I had no intention of breeding her much to her displeasure. One morning I got to the barn to find SHE had broken in to my stallions pen and had that "got my way" look on her face. Ultrasound 18 days later showed proof. We named her filly Funny Farms Simply Scandalous.

Last edited by a moderator:
KC Thanks for the history behind the special name! Im excited because I have a mare infoal for 09 to "BREAKIN ALL THE RULES"!

Alliance Dustys Feeling Fine (Grosshill Boogermans Fine Line X Dust Me Off)

IMAG009.JPG

IMAG000.JPG

Not sure if its been posted here but HERE HE IS- FIRST KNIGHTS BREAKIN ALL THE RULES

IMAG032.JPG

I will have to start thinking on some names for this one...

Fun Thread!

Here's mine:

Gold Visions Miracle Dust - Her mother coliced about a week after being bred, went through colic surgery and much to our surprize... retained her conceived foal! Her sire was Golden Dust.

Gold Visions Hez Turbo Boosted - It only took a day or two to name him... but was plain to see... that when he was let out in the morning... he had power to burn. Zoom Zoom

Gold Visions Almost A Shamrock - This mare likes to foal around the holidays... guess which one for this guy? and Gold Visions Yankee Doodle Boy?

Gold Visions Carmel Frappuccino - Guess what we were drinking that morning waiting for baby?

Gold Visions Endeavor of Establo - My first foal (purchased mare pg) for my new endeavor into ASPC/AMHR horses

I have a really good one
default_smile.png

We had a mare that was pregnant and out on the yard as she was VERY close to her due date. My uncle came for a visit and as I was opening the gate for him, I heard him honk the horn twice and looked over to see Quepie (like a Kewpie doll only we usually name all of our foals with the same first letter as their dam..her dam was Queen of Hearts or "Queenie") who was in the way. The honking worked as she waddled off and in about 5 seconds had her baby delivered.

The little filly was named "Beep Beep"

My great grandma has told me stories of some names of her horses. She bought a mare that had been just a pasture pet. The people she bought her from had 2 minis, a 'gelding' and a mare. She brought the mare home in the fall and that winter (IN NORTH DAKOTA with BIG snowbanks and -40 degree weather) she had a beautiful filly that was amptly named ARC ONO.

She also had a filly born that was a loud tovero with a bald face and a medicine hat. My great grandma really dislikes bald face so she named that poor little filly ARC OOGLY.

We had a buckskin pinto filly born this year that I have wanted for SO long! I've had a name picked out for when one finally came, Vanilla Creme. So when this filly was born I was ecstatic and started calling her Vanilla. Well...this filly also happens to be one of the tiniest foals we've ever had. I measured her this weekend and she's 21" at 4 months and really refined. Plus she's a pocket pet and loves to be loved on. So my grandma started calling her Inky Dinky--such a silly name--and then I started calling her Inky Dinky because Grandma would always say "who?" when I'd talk about Vanilla. Well...needless to say, her registrations papers say O HENRYS INKY DINKY ---I bet the office ladies got a kick outa that one!

My husband said that I had to post to this...so here goes:

My hubby is a serious Lord of the Rings /Tolkein fan. So, we decided that our horses would have names from that series of books. Our first was Bilbo. He was a rescue. We went through the books with the names at the end of them, and I finally said, we should name him Bilbo...he looks like a Hobbit Horse! So, Bilbo. His registered name is Lonely Mountain's BF Bilbo Baggins. Lonely Mountain is the place where the dragon lived that Bilbo goes to find treasure. So, that became our farm name. Bilbo Baggins is obvious. The BF is because when Bilbo started feeling good after actually being able to eat good food, it was affecting his digestive system. So, he's run around the pen, and start bucking, and farting! So, that's what BF stands for...bucking and farting. When he started doing that, I knew he would survive.

We bought 3 babies the next year. We had the opportunity to name them. Eowyn was the warrior princess in Rohan, the kingdom of horsemen. The filly we named fought us for 3 months before she decided that we were okay, and she liked us! Samwise was Bilbo's constant, steady companion, and it fit my husband's colt to a T. Vilya was the name of Elrod's ring of power. (yup, look it up, all the rings had names) It had a blue saphire in it. YaYa's name is Vilya because she has one beautiful blue eye...the other one is brown.

Then there was the mare we bought in Utah. I knew I wanted a good barn name for her. We loaded her into the van (which she wasn't quite sure about) and started the long drive home. I sat in the back seat to keep an eye on her, and give her comfort. I had a pack of peanuts (honey roasted) that I was munching on. She seemed very interested in them. So, I gave her a few. She LOVED them!! She and I started to bond right there and then, sharing a bag of peanuts. Henceforth, her barn name was Peanut!

Kim R.

This a cool thread!! My very first mini that I bought was a weanling filly. Her registered name is Country Acres Pickin Wild Flowers. From what her breeder told me, they were going with flower names that year for all the fillies that they had. Well when my filly was born the country song "Pickin Wild Flowers" was playing on the radio and hence her registered name. Her barn now was "Patunia" after a flower but when I got her home I had to change it b/c it just didn't fit her. I tried to stay with a flower type name but nothing seemed to work so her barn name became "Roxy" and it fits perfectly.

Becky M.

Latest posts

Back