First foal of 2006 for Conundrum

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Again,

He does have an appy grandparent, a Little America stallion....but nothing else from this mare has ever greyed out...I know I am a tad confused on colour genetics....but why should he grey purely because of an appy ancestor...please put me out of my misery
default_wacko.png
: The mare is a blue, she has black legs up to the knees and almost up to her hocks , but you see that much better in summer,

Jane Parker

Conundrum Miniature Horses and Border Terriers.

Leicestershire, England

www.conundrum.biz

It´s not the appy color it´s the ring around his eyes that show that he will probably grey, and mommy is a true grey in my book, greys do look blue while graying, but a grey will eventualy turn white with age, blue is not a "color".

You will have a 50% chance of her foals to go grey, so you could get 8 non-greys out of her but also 8 that will go grey in a row, it´s just the luck of the draw.

Greys can be born in any color, black, pintaloosa, cremello, just everything, the grey part will just make them go white, some faster than others.
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back