Introducing our first 2009 foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joyenes

Reaction score
I'm pleased to introduce our newest little member to our farm. "Edward" was born Monday at 6:15pm. Gorgeous Black colt sired by JNR's Medicine Man X Cider Mills Flash Dance.He is keeper for sure, awesome long neck and legs!

IMG_1634.JPG

Edward1.JPG

The story of Edwards Birth

He had a rough entry into this world which is a story in it self. We knew the mare was going anytime on Monday and kept up 15 minutes trips to the barn
default_wacko.png
Boy does knowing your mare well and the signs of foaling really pay off. Without us being so on top of this birth we could have easily lost both foal and mama.

The trip to the barn at 6:00 the mare was down and starting normal delievery. Everthing seemed to be progressing nicely, two front hooves presented correctly.Then nothing for five minutes, so I decided to go inside the mare and see if the foal was positioned correctly. Once inside I knew all was not right as I was reaching in I found knees, still no head, further in a flat face, no nose pointing outward.Boy oh Boy. The baby was stuck there pretty good.

So instead of trying to do things I'm not trained to do a quick call to the vet, hoping she can guide me. I get a hold of her real quick and and tell my situation, she goes on and ask me if I have hot water out there and stuff, I tell her I'll have some when she arrives. She says no she'll have it quicker. I'm like what? How? Well she is only one mile from my house!! Up to the Bow shop with some friends.By the time I hung up she was in my driveway and in the barn. Quickest farm call ever!

Within minutes she is inside the mare and has everything worked out. Truely amazing to watch her work. It took some doing as the mare was pushing the foal out and the vet was trying to get the foal back inside so it could be positioned correctly.After what seemed like forever out came little Edward, breathing ! alive ! truely amazing!

My vet said the foals head was coming out poll first which would have never worked and if we didn't get the baby turned correctly he would have easily been dead.I just wanted to hug and kiss her I was so excited she saved my foal, I really had to contain myself.

God really had everything lined up that day. Everything came together perfectly. If the mare would have waiting another half hour to foal or foaled half hour sooner my vet would not have been in the area and things would not have turned out so well. I praise God for watching out for us.

If you made it this far just remember it is soo very important to watch your mares when they are close to foaling. It's so sad to read about foals being loss, I know its not avoidable altogether but I'm sure we could do better. Joyce

Forgot to ad the funny part of this story. You want to know where my husband the whole time?? Half passed out across a bale of hay!! Lots of help he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me again,

I'm looking for help with his name too. It must have PLeasant Views and the word Twilight.

Heres some ideas I came up with

Pleasant Views Twilight Traveler

Pleasant Views Miracle at Twilight

Pleasant Views Twilight Miracle

Pleasant Views Bitten at Twilight

Pleasnt Views Twilight Dazzle Me

Pleasant Views Enchanted Twilight

The list could go on and on.I need help!

He's sooo cute!! Love the Twilight theme....totally hooked on the books/movie....and I'm not a tween! ;)

Pleasant Views Irrisistable in the Twilight

Pleasant Views Twilight Hottie

Pleasant Views Twilight N Cool

Pleasant Views Huntin for Twilight or Huntin N Twilight

Corny I know...I stink at names!!!!

beautiful boy have fun with him!!!!!!!!!! an excellent job to you and the vet
default_aktion033.gif

OH thats so great everything worked out for you!!! That is something that scares me is not being there for my girls. He is VERY NICE looking. Congrats on a wonderful colt!

Alisha

Congratulations and great job on the quick thinking. He is very nice, keep us updated as he unfolds!

What a sweet story. I'm so glad it ended well...

Edward is a cutie!

default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
AWWW He's a cutie pie!!! Congrats
default_saludando.gif

Pleasant Views Twilight Endeavor

Pleasant Views Born in Twilight

Pleasant Views Twilight Man

Pleasant Views Flash of Twilight

Pleasant Views Dancin' in the Twilight

What a story, and did you all luck out with the Vet being right there! He is gorgeous, congratulations!! I think the name "Lucky" should be in there somewhere!
default_smile.png

Joyce

I am so happy that all worked out well for your mare and Edward. Boy isn't he just a cutie pie! I have to admit I busted a gut when I read that your husband was passed out across a bale of hay! Way too Funny!

Congratulations Joyce!!! He's lovely!

Any signs of color?

I like happy endings!!
default_yes.gif
Congratulations on your beautiful, new colt.
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone!

Bop N Doc I love Twilight too and all the books, Great story! I'm not a tweeny either
default_laugh.png

Hey Dana, he has no color yet except for pink skin on his winkie
default_rolleyes.gif
I had a daughter from this cross four years ago that was born black like Edward, I sold her as a yearling, still black, today as a four year old she has a huge white blanket and spots! So anything is possible, even though I would love for him to just stay black actually.

Forgot to ad the funny part of this story. You want to know where my husband the whole time?? Half passed out across a bale of hay!! Lots of help he is.

[SIZE=18pt]CONGRATULATIONS [/SIZE]AND that is too funny
default_new_rofl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!! Lucky all around, for sure!
default_aktion033.gif

Pleasant Views Twilight Twist !!!

Congrats on him! He's a nice one!!
default_aktion033.gif

I delivered by myself a filly that came poll first, no legs. Got her out alive! I did a good job!

Latest posts

Back