First foal from my stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alisha514

Reaction score
I am so excited to announce the arrival of my stallions first baby. I have to say I am quite happy with that he did. She has nice long legs and a nice refined body. I am a little confused as to the color though. I thought she was a red roan like her mom but she has a palomino color except on her top line which is darker. Her dad is a smokey black so it may be possible. She also has pink skin around eyes and white hooves but i can't tell is she has any white on her legs because they are soooo light they almost look white but I know that foals have lighter looking legs so I dont know.. Any way if anyone has a clue to her color let me know.

Here is the sire

lilman.jpg

And the filly

baby2.jpg

baby1.jpg

Alisha

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033:

Congratulations!!!

She looks chestnut/sorrel to me.
default_smile.png

Thanks for sharing....

Liz M.

Her mane is too dark to be palomino. My guess, is that she will be a red roan just like her mother. Pretty filly, Congratulations!!

She's very nice and I'd venture red roan or sorrel :aktion033:

I was thinking red roan also.. but she is soo light.. in the pics it dont show how light she really is because its kinda dark in the stall. also this mare has had a red roan colt before and he looked like a chestnut (dark red) before he was shaved. With the sire carring the cream gene can she show it even being a red roan? Is it possible for her to be a lighter red roan becuase of the cream gene?

Alisha

Congratulations!! :aktion033: :aktion033: She looks like a sweetheart!! :bgrin

Congrats!

The creme gene would not be "hiding" on this foal so I would say that she will be a chestnut or a red roan like her mom!

Congrats on your pretty baby and lucky u! Its a filly!!! :aktion033:

Alisha,

Congratulations on your new filly. She is a little doll! I am certainly not a color expert but do think there is a strong possibility she will roan out like her Mom - whatever color she turns out to be - she is just adorable!!

Really cute filly! And Dad is a handsome boy too!!
default_yes.gif
: Congrats :aktion033:

Oh and the color I'm not 100% sure not a color expert, but the white on the feet could mean that she has white legs. I recently had a filly born, sorrel and her back feet are white too and we found out in a couple days that she indeed has white coronets, but it was hard to tell because her legs are really light colored like yours. Enjoy her!! ~Jessica~

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back