First Clip of the year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverdance

Reaction score
I just love to clip the yearlings down to see what is under all that coat. To me it is like Christmas when I was a child and just could not wait to open the presents.
default_laugh.png

OK, I know these are poodle cuts, but it is still too cold out here to take the hair off the legs and ears. I took their bodies, heads and necks down and brought them into a heated barn to get ready for show season, and thought I would share.

They wear a blanket, throat sweat and neck sweat to keep them warm.

Riverdances Billy The Kid By Riverdances Desperado x ASA Boy Blues Silk Cesebration

16a.jpg

Riverdances Annie Get Your Gun By Riverdances Deaperado x Marystown Santana Anna

10a.jpg

9a.jpg

Riverdances And The Beat Goes On By Fallen Ash Scouts Prince Of Tides x Riverdances Wind Chimes

6a-1.jpg

1a-7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's amazing what's under all of that hair, they are all beautiful. I especially love the first pic of Riverdances Annie Get Your Gun, she's precious
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Love that The beat goes on filly
default_wub.png
Grogeous
Thanks every one. I am really excited for the show season. Too many for me to show.
default_no.gif

Riverdance's And The beat goes on is a colt. Very refine and very dainty. I named him that because last year was the 4th year in a row that I have had mostly colts and by the time he was born I was up to 5 colts and counting. So--the beat goes on.

It's great to see updated pictures of Annie--she is phenomenal. I assume you'll be taking her all the way to the Worlds this year?

It's great to see updated pictures of Annie--she is phenomenal. I assume you'll be taking her all the way to the Worlds this year?

Yes, I plan on taking her to the World this year. I am really excited about her!!

I am looking forward to taking the hair off the legs and ears to get a full picture, but that will have to wait until next month.

I love bays and LOVE your Annie, BUT your " Beat Goes On" is stunning! That colt has World Champion written all over him.

What color is he?

I love bays and LOVE your Annie, BUT your " Beat Goes On" is stunning! That colt has World Champion written all over him.
What color is he?

He is a palomino. Sure do wish he was a she
default_laugh.png

I loved him as a young colt, but he got an infection in his rear from a shot and it really took a toll on him. Huge belly, backbone showing. So before and after weaning I poured the food into him. The belly is now almost gone and just a little more to fill out his back. This is the first clip job on him and the first photos taken of him since a really young colt. I am oh so excited about him!! Sure wish I could afford a trainer, but the Real Etate market will have to improve greatly to be able to send any horses out.

They are all very nice!!

Your making me want to dig out the clippers and see whats under there
default_smile.png
he he it really is like Christmas

Beat is just stunning! If I only had the resourses..... And I can't wait to see more pics of Annie and Billy, where they look to the camera more to get the whole picture.

Barb

When you clip like that, ( which I like to do too) do your horses have two different colored coats when you go to show them?

When you clip like that, ( which I like to do too) do your horses have two different colored coats when you go to show them?

Part of the reasone why I clipped the whole body and not just the head and neck, so there will not be color changes. The legs will show it less. Also, they will be totally clipped in March to avoid color changes. My first show is not till mid May.

Latest posts

Back