2 year olds first show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor Richelle

Reaction score
Well this past Saturday (May 21) My 2 year olf stud colt had his first show. Despite being a bit tubby and having a bad clip job he did well
default_wub.png
I was so proud of him and my Mom who showed him. It was her first mini show! She hasn't showed horses since she was my age! Anyway Knight places 6th in his first halter class-no not the best but he beat out 2 other minis. He then got 2nd in youth halter beat out 2 other VERY nice minis in my opinion! Got 5th in multi-color beating out 3 very nicely colored ones. Other classes were 3rd in Liberty
default_biggrin.png
3rd in trail, 2nd in hunter with my mom and 6th with me in hunter- he refused. (DON'T worry the jumps are small and they allow them to start jumping at 2 where we show...yeah weird we wern't going to do it but it's one show a month, please no flaming
default_unsure.png
)

So here is "Funny Farms Crimson Knight" at his first show! Don't be too hard on him, we still have a lot of work to do to get him right where we want him. (He IS going to be gelded soon, have his neck sweat and go on a better diet) But I still adore him. Oh and he was the smallest one there! (28") Everyone loved him! Sad I didn't get any good pics of my gelding "Sox" he did well too! 4th in his halter class, 4th in trail, 2nd in hunter, and 6th in jumping (hehe he's so slow)

(Here are some pics I snapped of him)

15ow6f9.jpg

abp72r.jpg

11hyvkm.jpg

30cu8g3.jpg

30vywdl.jpg

He is beautiful. Did well for a first show too. I can see why you are proud of him.

He's so tubby! I'm glad you'll be gelding him. He'll be happier and you'll both have more opportunities in showing.
aktion033.gif

You may want to add a belly wrap to your list, LOL!

Congrats! Winning all those ribbons is going to make you just want more LOL!!!
laugh.gif

Congrats! Your little guy is a cutie and he'll look even better when he loses some weight. Sounds like you're getting the "show bug", that's great! And it's even better when family members join in the fun. Keep up the good work, and enjoy!
default_aktion033.gif

He's a little chunk but I think he's adorable! He's certainly got that stallion neck on him! He's a cutie, congrats on all your wins and to your mom for her first show! I hope she had lots of fun (thats most important) and she wants to do it again
default_smile.png

Back