Its another colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverdance

Reaction score
The Berry fairy is taking up camp at my farm again this year, 5th year in a row. So far 6 colts (lost one of the best, a loud palomino pinto by Desperado), and 4 fillies. Out of three different stallions. I have two Windchaser foals to go.

The one born last night was also a Desperado foal, full sibling to Riverdances Annie Get Your Gun. Well, everything was going well, one foot showed up, then the nose....but not another foot. Mom kept getting up, I live here alone, so I had no help. I reached in and for the life of me, could not fine the other leg. It was not over his back, not down the sides. Where was it?

Minutes are ticking by and mom is getting up and down, but not really pushing. By this time, I am figuring I will need to call the vet and run the dam to the vets 30 minutes away at midnight. I get mom down and I grab the one leg and the head and neck and start to pull. Finially mom starts to push again. I have got two feet pushing against moms butt, (sitting in the pasture pies mom had left behind (of course
default_no.gif
). Slowly the foal starts emerging. The rest of the head, the shoulders, the second leg......., then the rest of the colt. He gasped for air and thank God was fine. The second leg was laying on it side straight back. I am gratefull mom was not a first time mom and had plenty of room to get the colt out with the leg back like that.

Anyway, here he is: Riverdance Desperados Four On The Floor

(he is only a few hours old in these shots)

3a-3.jpg

2a-6.jpg

1a-10.jpg

He has a 7 1/4" cannon bone, very refined. Beautiful head, large hip, high tailset. I expect he will be around 30" at maturity.

I like the Desperado foals so well, that all of my mares are being bred to him this year.

Now if I could only get fillies........................................
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
That is for you Berry Fairy, I have two more to go, it would be nice if they were fillies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! He is a handsome wee man. Best of luck with the filly thing
default_wink.png

Wow, again nice looking colt Sue. Glad you got him out in time!!!!

Congratulations on a handsome colt Sue!
default_aktion033.gif
default_birthday.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I am so glad that everything turned out OK. But I have to remind you.
default_deadhorse2.gif
You need to sweet-talk the berry fairy and ask for more colts...then you will get fillies!
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
Now I have 2 more babies to come and see, I can't wait!
default_risa8.gif

Barb

He's a doll.

I've been trying since 2004 for a red and white boy like that

and all I get are fillies.

Shoot the berry fairy this way, please, Zoe is due the end of June.

Oh, i forgot to tell you, he can come live at my house. I love my boys and I love his color!
default_wink.png

Barb

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cute!

I lost a foal like that being alone. NEVER again. I drag whoever I can with me now. Feel for you on that very scary stuff.

What a beautiful boy!! I had 1 year where I think 4 foals came with 1 front leg back. Scarey isnt it!

Well with a colt like that I wouldn't be too unhappy - Congratulations!

Latest posts

Back