Finding Registration details?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly Rae

Reaction score
Hi

Willow is the only mini of mine that is registered, but I wasnt given her papers. We bought her off my parents close friends parents and she says she still has Willows papers, I'm not sure if its compulsory to give papers with the horse but I would really like to see them or have a copy or at the very least know her show name. I asked far her show name and she says its really long and cant remember it. Is there any way I can get her details or search her papers? I could give them a call and ask but I am not sure if that is a silly thing to do, randomly calling someone I barley know asking for papers or details for a horse she sold 4 years ago.

I would just like to know some history about her, all I know is that her Name is Willow, she is roughly 15 and used to be shown.

I dont think there is a way to search her as I have very little details on her and there is probably thousands of minis called Willow out there, but I will just ask just in case.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

If you have a mailing address for the people, I would start with a letter. Explain the circumstances of the purchase, provide dates and names if possible, and how you are curious to know more about her. Ask if there is a convenient time for you to call, and give them your address and E-mail ( in case they'd rather respond that way). After 4 years they may need time to find the papers, if they still have them. And a letter gives them time to decide if they want to respond, some people won't want to bother, others will. A phone call at the wrong time (they've had a bad day, or are late for something) can just defeat your friendly intention.

At the very least I would send a very nice, polite letter and a self addressed and stamped envelope and ask them for the papers. The only resone that I can think of that anyone would not pass the papers on with the sale is they are planning to do some thing shady or to lazy to find them. you might offer them a little extra for their trouble

One non-shady reason to withhold papers is that the animal was sold so cheap that the seller felt justified. I've sold purebred goats that the new owner never finished paying for, so they didn't get the papers. There are a lot of crooks out there, but there are also a lot of good people who just got behind on the paperwork, or had to sell cheap and hoped the buyer would come back when they had more $ to track down the papers.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I also try to protect my investment when I do sell (or buy).

I got her on the 13th of May 2013, so not quite 4 years sorry my mistake.

I do know the lady, her name is Judy but im not best buddies with her or anything, Its kind of complicated, In 2013 she have away 4 of her minis to her son and his wife (My parents best friends) and then Judy sold Willow to me for $400 I think because she was having health issues and had no time for them, but we had all 5 minis on our property pony-sitting my parents friends minis (also so Willow had company) for 3 years.

So Judy came to visit sometimes as her horses were her treasures- especially Willow I promised her the best home possible for Willow. I asked her a few questions about her papers, she didn't say too much from memory, The main information I got was her show name was huge and she will have a look, but three years has passed since then, so either she forgot or she doesn't plan on passing any further information on, but she is a very lovely lady.

I also asked Jeanette (Judy's sons wife that has the other minis) if she could ask about it as she calls Judy to ask questions sometimes. But Jeanette always said she forgot to ask, or Judy said its packed in a box somewhere.

I don't want to make it a hassle for her or anything, and if she will charge more money I don't think I will worry as I have no money of my own and dad will just say "I am not paying money for a sheet of paper".

But thanks for the replies!

Back