Finally some good news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voodoo

Reaction score
I'm so excited to announce the arrival of "Elvis" to my barn. Funny enough Elvis is a girl
default_wacko.png
but hey it wasn't planned that way. The mare that she is out of was one of my favorite roping horses, a Colonel Freckles mare, and as some of you know also a mare that bucked me off hard and did a dance on me lol. Any way, when the mare, Boogie, showed up lame I decided to breed her to a favorite Jet Deck stallion that I know. When I bred them last spring I decided that the resulting foal would be "the next big thing" so Elvis it was. Just cause she came out a filly doesn't mean the name didn't stick in the 11 months I waited
default_wink.png
. So without further talk here is Boogie

Boogie4.jpg

And here is little Elvis, oh and me of course
default_rolleyes.gif

7Elvis3-9-09.jpg

4Elvis3-9-09.jpg

2Elvis3-9-09.jpg

What an adorable little baby girl!! She certainly has a kind face and eye. Congratulations and good luck with her!

I don't know too much about the stallions breeding, I actually don't even know his registered name. All I know is that his grandsire is Jet Deck (who I have always liked) and that when he was in his prime (now almost 20) he was awesome!!! He was a phenomenol all-around rodeo horse, wonderful quiet mind, but still alot of get up and go. Great feet and legs, super attitude, and jet black (I was hopin for a bay colt lol). So after knowing that about the stallion himself and having started about 50 head of his offspring as anything from 2 to 4 year olds I love him and his babies. They are all very smart, quiet, willing, athletic colts. My brother was hauling a gelding that was out of him to all the big rodeos, Cheyenne, Salinas, and such before he was in the accident. My Dad and I are riding him now so I'm excited to have a half sister to him out of my mare. I'm really hoping for something great
default_smile.png

Here is Hemi (and yes he can RUN thats how Shawn decided what to name him) the half brother to Elvis

Mesquite06.jpg

HemiinBarn.jpg

Wow she's cute. My riding horse's great grandfather is Jet Deck. How funny is that? Here is a picture of Real Cash Effort aka Drew (who is for sale).

038.jpg

037.jpg

kids112.jpg

kids113.jpg

Christy

Oh my, she is a gorgeous girl!!!

It's nice to see good luck coming your way...........I am sure your brother is up in Heaven smiling down on you and that

new filly....... I bet she is going to make you an awesome roping horse......

Gotta say, love the looks of that gelding too.......he is built!!
default_smile.png

I was just curious, I just sold my last riding horse in january, I retired her from competitive barrel racing and I hadnt been riding, so she went to friends who are going to trail ride her and take her to local rodeos and whatnot. I always liked Jet Deck horses.

So, question, was your mare named Boogie before or after she danced on you?
default_smile.png

Love your new baby girl, and I love her name.

Nice filly from what looks like very nice stock! Hope she makes you a great partner for years to come.
default_smile.png

Jan

Good looking horses! Congratulations on the new baby. I must say she looks huge when I've mostly been looking at mini and pony foals.
default_laugh.png

Your acutally right crponies, even for a quarter horse baby she was pretty big. I was suprised when she came out, all leg but still a pretty big rascal. Then helping her up to nurse for the first time I can tell you she was heavier than she looked
default_laugh.png

Reijel's Mom, her registered name is Sams Boogie Girl so she was Boogie before I ever rode her. But it does fit for doin the dance on me too
default_wink.png
. I'm thinking that I'm going to register Elvis as "Boogien' Elvis"
default_wub.png
Gotta be different ya know.

Back