Finally decided on a name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bannerminis

Reaction score
Well I thought I was really prepared and had a list of 30 names put together in lots of different combos to suit colts and filly that I liked.

So along comes my first colt this yr and not one name jumps out at me - none of them seem to sit right on him.

His sire is Birchwood UK Buckaroo Banner and his Dam is Shadowplay Sahara Moon

And then this one popped into my head so again introducing my boy (now with a name)

Banners Moon Struck Buck aka Buck

Here are a couple of pics taken at 2 days old - its still like March here so he remains rugged for another while.

Baby6edit.jpg

Baby9edit.jpg

Baby10edit.jpg

Baby8edit.jpg

BabyBlueedit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that first photo is fantastic, All new mums should be as happy as your little girl, she obviously knows that she did a great job and she is out to tell the world. Priceless!!! Banners Moon Struck Buck aka Buck is just perfect. Congrats
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Slaney is a wonderful mother and loves her babies but she also loves to run and buck once she has lightened her load lol.

Buck is a cutie but he cant get out much with the weather being so bad here at the moment - its really frustrating

What a proud momma!
default_wub.png
She's having fun, but she's keeping her eye on him!

He's a doll! Congrats! LOVE the photos!

Ok I feel like an idiot asking this... but WHAT is that on the left side of the mare? Paint? Some type of brand??

Both are adorable by the way
default_yes.gif

Fabulous pictures Karina - they certainly display the 'feel good' factor!
default_wub.png

The name is perfect for little Buck too.
default_aktion033.gif

Anna

Last edited by a moderator:
The mark is her freezemark - she came to me with it. She also has a shamrock on her shoulder though it doesnt seem as obvious.

Buck is starting to torment his mother now by running off so she cant relax just yet lol.

My other mare Shimmer has FINALLY gotten a move on with her spring so fingers crossed baby number 2 will arrive in the next week. Although she is a maiden so I am on pins and needles.

Latest posts

Back