FINALLY.....@ 346......a perlino boy!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
We thought this mare would never foal! She has shown "labor" signs for 3 weeks and I was really starting to get a little worried. The last 2 foals we have had to get medevil on her to get the foals out but this one, she did on her own except for a little help from me. YEAH!

I believe he is a Perlino. His sire is a buckskin from 2 buckskins and his dam is a palomino. He has those icy blue eyes and the pink skin. He kept closing his eyes when the flash went off so I'll have to wait until we can move him outside. He has a big star and huge snip and may have 3 white socks. Front 2 are coronet bands and the left hind "may" have a short sock.

These were taken tonight shortly after he was born. He's all ready a character too.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Introducing...Sagebrush Blazes Kahlua N Cream

kahlua6.jpg

kahlua.jpg

kahlua4.jpg

kahlua5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW...346 days !!! Congratulations, finally
default_yes.gif
: Looks like it was worth the wait
default_yes.gif
: And what a very interesting color, definitely a double dilute, my guess is that he must be a perlino. (I have a perlino, though with a lighter coat color, out of a cremello and buckskin. ) We'll see what the experts out there have to say
default_smile.png

Looking at him, I actually think his color is "smoky cream"
default_yes.gif
:

He looks like a real sweetheart. Just Beautiful :new_shocked: Congrats :aktion033: Joyce

[SIZE=14pt]Congrats on your new colt, he is a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aktion033: [/SIZE]

Congratulations!! I can't wait to see him all dried off and standing pretty.

I am hoping to have a perlino for my next stallion. All dilutes, with the bonus of possible agouti, as I do love buckskins.

Congratulations on your new colt! As for his color, I am not so sure he is a DD?? To me, or at least from these pics, his skin just does not look pink enough. He seems to look more palomino or silver to me. I just don'y know, BUT, if he is DD, I too think he looks more the smokey cream than perlino.

Congrats! :aktion033: :aktion033: He sure is a cutie and I love his color!
default_wub.png
:

Is Keisha in foal this year?

Wow....didn't think about smokey cream. That would be neat too. I'll get more pics here in a while and post them. Maybe his dried off, outside photos will help.

Yes, Keisha is in foal bred to my grullo LWO+ boy. I can't WAIT for that!!!! Just another month for her. :lol:

346 days? WOW!!!!!! A huge congratulations to you - he is absolutely darling!!!!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

Here's some more shots of him this morning outside. He's staying in the shade, which I don't blame him! He does have really pink skin.

kahlua7.jpg

kahlua8.jpg

kahlua10.jpg

kahlua9.jpg

Yay congrats one a cute and healthy little boy!!!!

Way to go Shawna!

ooh WOW

blue eyes ooh

He is NICE

I guesse hes a keeper :bgrin

Latest posts

Back